ADVERTISEMENT

What is wrong with this headline???

dovetail

All-State
Nov 13, 2003
The News Journal's quality control standards cannot match that of a high school newspaper. Sad thing is that this goes on all the time.

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL

Takeaways, pair of 26-yard TDs win it for Jaguars

KEVIN TRESOLINI

THE NEWS JOURNAL

MIDDLETOWN – St. Georges and Appoquinimink are separated by less than eight miles but hadn’t met on the football field in seven years.

Only St. Georges enjoyed the budding rivals' reunion, however, using several defensive takeaways and a pair of big offensive gains to score a 14-0 win at Jaguars Stadium.

It was their first meeting since 2010, Appoquinink’s last season in Flight B before moving up to Flight A in the Blue Hen Conference. This year, the Hawks joined them, and this was their first Flight A victory and first over Appo in three tries.

Agreed, their standards have been drastically lowered since the relationship with USA Today began. The same story shows up in different sections, limited local sports coverage, though I do usually enjoy the few stories they include and some of their in depth local news reporting. Now if I could just get my delivery person to bring the right paper everyday.....I got both Fri and Sat in the box this morning. And they wonder why subscriptions are declining.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT