ADVERTISEMENT

Who I think will win state

Sep 4, 2015
1. Sanford
2. St. Thomas Moore
3. Sallies
4. Smyrna

These are my four picks, the games will come down to who gets the least bad calls or which team lead players can avoid weak fouls & be on the court in the 4th quarter. Basically officiating will decide & these are the schools whose coaches & players I think can best manage the situation & prevail.

Reactions: hoopsupstate
1. Sanford
2. St. Thomas Moore
3. Sallies
4. Smyrna

These are my four picks, the games will come down to who gets the least bad calls or which team lead players can avoid weak fouls & be on the court in the 4th quarter. Basically officiating will decide & these are the schools whose coaches & players I think can best manage the situation & prevail.
Hard to say. If refs let the players play head to head.. Baby touching fouls.
1. Mount
2. Cape
3. Smryna
4. St. Thomas Moore

I Think Henlopen Conferences will get 3 in final 4..

I like the way CR is flying under the radar, still think next to Smyrna they are the best henlopen team, they will make a deep run nobody is mentioning there backcourt which is top 5 in the state, just saying

Reactions: Thirteensticks
I agree but we in DE.. They gonna call foul If you say Hi..
Just watched a Pa district 1, class 5A playoff game tonight - Upper Merion vs Strath Haven. Looked like big 10 football game with all the contact! Refs let them play! The players handled it well. UM won 55-45 in a game that was much closer than the score.

nobody believes in Newark?
But I think Mount finally brings it home this year, been coming up short the last few

I like the way CR is flying under the radar, still think next to Smyrna they are the best henlopen team, they will make a deep run nobody is mentioning there backcourt which is top 5 in the state, just saying

Hope you're right! But I'm biased - kid on the team and part of that backcourt. Robinson is special. Clark, Williams and Buie are strong underneath. Realistically, I see two wins - hopeful beyond that.

Hope you're right! But I'm biased - kid on the team and part of that backcourt. Robinson is special. Clark, Williams and Buie are strong underneath. Realistically, I see two wins - hopeful beyond that.

Hooks is a senior guard, knowledgable with a good handle and your right robinson is a very strong player, the bigs are getting better every time i see them, would like to see more hustle on defense,hands in the air and please someone, anyone please stop the ball penetration on defense.....coach needs to work on help & recovery defense to stop the ballhandler getting to the paint in transition D

Hooks is a senior guard, knowledgable with a good handle and your right robinson is a very strong player, the bigs are getting better every time i see them, would like to see more hustle on defense,hands in the air and please someone, anyone please stop the ball penetration on defense.....coach needs to work on help & recovery defense to stop the ballhandler getting to the paint in transition D
Hooks has a very good handle for sure, adept at breaking backcourt pressure. They've gotten a lot better on D in the half court. Transistion D/break press D could be better. Press has gotten better also at trapping - has spurred a lot runs that have put games away.

agreed traps on D are getting better, guys have got to resist the reaching fouls when trapping, play def with your feet not your hands. would like to see hands up when in zone. Marshall Emory was a great defensive coach we learned a lot, dont think we would of won a chip without his guidance, just sharing

Agree with all. Coach has done well by kid, more than just learning Basketball.
agreed traps on D are getting better, guys have got to resist the reaching fouls when trapping, play def with your feet not your hands. would like to see hands up when in zone. Marshall Emory was a great defensive coach we learned a lot, dont think we would of won a chip without his guidance, just sharing
Agree with all. All in all Coach has done well by my kid - just a guy on the squad contributing where he can. But more than just Basketball, which for most is why they coach. Guess you'll be there on the 1st?

Absolutely, took a day off to be there, I'm glad you recognize the life skills in coaching not just the basketball aspects. Glad your son is enjoying the game, without solid unselfish contributors a team will go nowhere. Cheers

I'll be there, no hot dogs, gotta get my cholesterol in check lol will you be there DoverSenator

Looking forward to meeting each of you. My kid is close to Stefan on Dover - played some AAU together. Play a lot of street ball and Y ball together.

Reactions: 84rider
nobody believes in Newark?
But I think Mount finally brings it home this year, been coming up short the last few
Honestly coach. I believe in Newark. They are laid back and don't have the hype machine people but those guards are good trust me. This is the only year Sullivan or McCants can win it. If I was a betting man I am betting with.....

Honestly coach. I believe in Newark. They are laid back and don't have the hype machine people but those guards are good trust me. This is the only year Sullivan or McCants can win it. If I was a betting man I am betting with.....
Dont see it... But i agree this is there only year to win it for a long while...

Mccants has had chances, in 2011-12. A couple guys transferred there & they were loaded. Lost in chip.

If I had to pick one, I'd go with Mount because of their experience. But it's a wide-open year and some of the top 8 will be out very early.

Reactions: pitt8179
Mount has 2 returners pretty much. Taylor & Cramer. Most of the other kids didn't even goto Mount last year or might have been on bench/jv.

Dont see it... But i agree this is there only year to win it for a long while...
I wouldn't say that ,they have 2 10th graders one would start on any team in the state right now the other would play major minutes anywhere. The JV team was almost all freshman they were 16-2 and they looked pretty gd every time I seen them. Also it's Delaware bball where you pick what school you want to play for!!

I wouldn't say that ,they have 2 10th graders one would start on any team in the state right now the other would play major minutes anywhere. The JV team was almost all freshman they were 16-2 and they looked pretty gd every time I seen them. Also it's Delaware bball where you pick what school you want to play for!!
Lol.. Right

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT