ADVERTISEMENT

Wing T

I'm pretty sure CR changed their offense last season. But they are the only ones I can remember that had won a title with it in the last decade???? I may be wrong

CR came to mind after Uncle Bummy's years of observations of how that offense totally mystified the Sals. CR had not won a game since 2008

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
I don't think CR has run the Wing T since Schoenwolf retired. I think Sussex Central still uses this formation but I will stand corrected.....

Where has Uncle Bummy been? I thought for sure we would have pre season City rankings but that might be asking too much. I can read his mind:
1. Tower Hill
2. Howard
3. Tie- St E's Sallies Charter

Wing T 21 dive, haha good times 56 dive or tackle trap , snap to the half back and run up the tackles azzzz lmao until you step on the tackles ankle and get blown up lol

Where has Uncle Bummy been? I thought for sure we would have pre season City rankings but that might be asking too much. I can read his mind:
1. Tower Hill
2. Howard
3. Tie- St E's Sallies Charter

Bummy has to admit that he is behind on his research and analysis on the City HS FB teams.
It hasn't been the same since Moyer closed up shop. Now, Charter drops down to the Diamond State and does not give the head coaching job to Pietlock. What is the City coming to?

Wing T to perfection.. fairly recent well until the coach got busted for recruiting LOL

The reason this video has no sound is because talkies had not been invented when the Wing T was in style. Also, Brad Myers had a shot of Seaford running the Wing T during his tour of training camps the other day. That video also included Milford's players taking a water break.

The reason this video has no sound is because talkies had not been invented when the Wing T was in style. Also, Brad Myers had a shot of Seaford running the Wing T during his tour of training camps the other day. That video also included Milford's players taking a water break.

I don't believe Tubby Raymond's classic work is still in print. Maybe the Wing T is old fashioned but read pages 26-29. Fascinating approach...

Tubby's pages 26-29 should equate to the pdf pages of 34-37. The major heading is "basic principles'

Last edited:
The best I've seen the wing-t run recently were the 2004-2008 CA teams. But still not "classic" wing-t. Great HS offense, just needs to be taught/coached right. Will come back. Great things never go away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT