ADVERTISEMENT

Woodbridge

Why did Best leave Poly?? He could have learned from Mallory, Gray, and Pierce. I think he should have stayed and waited his turn but kids listen to people sell them Dreams!! I heard he improved as well but if it was my son, he would've stayed. But that's just my opinion.

The Younger Corbin had 15 turnovers alone against Laurel last night! The older Corbin is the real deal but stays in foul trouble. He def should be the star on that team, but you can't if your watching from the bench. Laurel just withstood the storm and let Woodbridge give them the game. Woodbrige will get it together and win the South. You heard it hear first. Remember a year ago people had doubts and they blew through the competition to win the Conference Title. Same Coaches!

You can't expect to win on years past! People in the community need to realize that this is a different year with new challenges, just like football people want to point the fingers at those coaches!! Do better people.

This post was edited on 12/18 1:32 PM by DefensiveChaos50

Well said, DefensiveChaos. How can we expect our athletes to succeed on and off the field if no one is ever held accountable, and fingers are constantly being pointed across the board - at coaches and players alike? It's amazing to me how the same people who come on this board and hype up a player, often their son, or team, often their son's, are the first one's to create a different account and begin trash talking a coach and an entire program. Furthermore, three games into the season and you are already mentioning transferring. Can we stop putting our kids on a pedastool as if they are the next LeBron James or Kobe Bryant? Let's get serious guys. Negativity is contagious, especially amongst 16-18 year old athletes who have to constantly hear it from their parents and community members. If you want the best for your local high school or son's program, preach positivity and allow the coaches to do their job.

At the end of the day, there is a reason why you are sitting in the stands watching. It's very easy to be the Monday morning QB. Teach your kids to be reponsible, receptive young men who work hard on a daily basis, not when they feel like it, and are receptive to instruction from their coaches, not fathers in the stands. The fact of the matter is that a college scout would pack his bags and leave a game before the end of the first eight minutes thanks to the learned and encouraged mannerisms revealed on the court that are encouraged from the stands.

As for Woodbridge on the court, their problems will resolve themselves. They have a lot of learning and growing up to do with the loss of Carroll, Emory, and Rayford. The fact of the matter is that they will need some time to gel together as a cohesive unit. In watching the game last night, the elder Corbin didn't do himself much good, committing several offensive fouls - often times playing the game out of control and trying to do far too much, ending up in foul trouble early and often. What impact can you really expect him to have on a game when such is the case? The younger brother looked shell-shocked and at times scared. He is going to suffer some growing pains, welcome to Varsity basketball as a freshman. This team will be fine, I just find it so sad that a community could lack the presence of mind to realize the power behind their negative comments. It is December 18th. In the words of Aaron Rodgers, "R-E-L-A-X...RELAX!"

And I have two sons on team. But honestly I won't never get on here to down play Woodbridge team or even the coaches. Wht I will say we need to be together . By far Woodbridge your the better team. Just get it together and we will over come this one situation!!!!

Is this post a joke? The coach you speak of won 30 games in two years. You would have to combine the four years before he got there to beat that total. Two state tourney trips, two home games, a first round bye, a top 10 ranking, a Hen conference championship while beating the coach of the year in back to back games to do so! That was in just two years! I understand you like and support those kids and thats awesome more kids need that kind of support but to tear down a coach that has built a name in this area might not be the best way to do so. All coaches have systems (hopefully) and some do better in it than others. If they do not enjoy it or fit in it the way they would like they can always go somewhere that fits them better. Coaches want to win and do whats best for their team, im sure that is what Coach Morris is doing even though I would love to beat him. As for not doing anything from the South thats just your anger talking, not truth.

Also if you can coach better get in the business, we are always looking for good coaches to join us. Thanks for the time and good luck to all.

Coach Fabber
2nd post ever

Fabber, you are right below Phillips at Laurel for worst coach in the South... Just stay low key please... Thanks... Good players save you both... Morris can coach 4real and recruit... Delmar is out of control w/ poor coaching to go wit it... Seaford Terrible players n coaches... Well I guess its a tie

Phillips is way higher than me, he won a state tourney game on the road against Newark. But you are right I have great players, KeiJuan major can score the rock, shaq, kianta, Davon and Deandre are do it all kind of guys. I am lucky and God bless man. Good luck all

Coach Fabber doesn't have to prove anything. He took Indian River to the Playoffs last year and beat a Good Laurel Team twice. I thank you for the support. He does more with less talent then most. I don't want to address the nonsense of a upset parent on this public board but when his son started last year over a senior that I had with me for 3 years nothing was said. He deserve to start. I coach for my school Woodbridge and my team.

I understand this is clearly the two brothers fathers. You talk about 14 and best not staying to their much respected schools, why didn't your kids stay at their respected school. You say has Best been to a camp, well when the younger Corbin gets on the floor he stands it up real bad;has he been to a camp. You want your kid on the floor you have a sophomore on the floor that is doing outstanding this season. In due time your younger son will get on the floor. I see the Corbin's d1 players but to get there it takes time. They are still diamonds in the rough. If they didn't like the results why didn't they stay at Cape they would've probably been stars there.

I will admit the Corbin brother that starts is nice the other brother needs his game to mature some. Also something I've noticed does the team really like 14 and best they treat them like nobodies. If they can get it together and actually play like a team they will win the south. Remember Scholarships are at stake here

After reading this board I thought oh wow Woodbridge must be good with some talent. Those allegations are obviously false after dropping a game to brandywine and only scoring 35 in that losing effort. This thread is a waste of time it's just not there this season. #upstate

This post was edited on 1/14 7:54 AM by Realtalk035

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT