ADVERTISEMENT

2 Troy Reeder Touchdown runs of 22 and 40 yards paces Sallies to win

dawrestling

Top 100 Prospect
May 20, 2007
Fallbrook, CA
www.302sports.com
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Editor-Baynard Stadium-Wilmington, DE-Friday November 8, 2013-In a very key game between the #2 Sals and the #3 Cavaliers two of the best football powers in Delaware, the Middletown Cavaliers go back to their football tradition of winning streaks along with 2 current state titles for Division I football and also known for their passing ability with current Boston College bound Darius Wade and running back/wide receiver Penn State bound Chris Godwin for his heroic catches and kick returns and good running ability for touchdowns which is a tradition for Middletown but tonight it was all Salesianum known for their sweeps, run up the middle plays and some tricky qb passes to Matt Sgro 8 completions out of 12 passes for 119 yards but it was Penn State bound Troy Reeder's (30-230 yards) (the son of former Christiana and University of Delaware great Danny Reeder) who stole the show tonight as he scored 2 runs of 22 yards to put Sals up 7-0 and a 40 yarder to go up 17-7 as they defeated the second ranked Cavaliers of Middletown by a 24-13 score before a big crowd looked on at Baynard Stadium and ended the Cavs 23 game win streak.

Billy DiNardo Salesianum football coach: "The kids followed the plan it was about them." Troy Reeder played his last regular season game for our squad and he is a big person and did well he is used as a weapon we did good stuff with QB Matt Sgro threw the ball well all the kids performed at a high level of intensity the fumble recovery at the end for us I wish that we could score again but it was a game changer our squad is happy and thrilled as we played a good Middletown team and we may see them down the road."

Troy Reeder on his 2 touchdowns vs. Middletown: " On the first touchdown give credit to my offensive line as they gave me the holes as we had great downfield blocking and on my second touchdown Brian O Neill pushed me in the end zone this was the end of the first part of our season will be seeing them again along with other good teams down the road but this game means nothing to me right now we have to focus on the 2013 Division I Football Tournament.

For the Cavs of Middletown, Chris Godwin scored on an 80 yard kickoff to tie the game at 7-7 and Garrett Maniatis scored on a 2 yard pass from Darius Wade 8 completions out of 21 attempts for 101 yards.

Middletown 0 7 0 6 13

Salesianum 7 0 7 7 24

2:09 1st period Troy Reeder 22 yard run-Sean Smith kick S 7-0

11:45 2nd period Chris Godwin 80 yard kickoff return Claire Gerlitz kick 7-7

5:10 3rd period Sean Smith 39 yard field goal S10-7

:03 3rd period Troy Reeder 40 yard run-Sean Smith kick S 17-7

9:18 4th period Garrett Maniatis 18 yard pass reception from Darius Wade-kick failed S 17-13

4:07 4th period Daulton Gregory 1 yard run Sean Smith kick S 24-13

In the 32nd of this traditional game, the Sals lead the series over Middletown 18-14 Next up for both teams the 2013 DIAA State High School Football Tournament will be decided on Sunday, November 10, 2013

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News