Seaford- 797
Delmar- 729
Laurel- 671
Woodbridge- 670
Sussex Academy- 540
Early @DSU- 399

Others

D1

Sallies- 2000 (approx. w all boy doubler)
Charter/Cab- 1446

D2

Conrad- 688
DMA- 579
FSMA- 458
St Marks-
Archmere-
Caravel-
St E's-
Red Lion-

Last edited:
From the looks of it.. if there is no reform and I highly doubt there will be.. Then Concord will go to D2 and Newark back up to D1 and the D1 cutoff for OOS will go from 1045 to 1069

Begging for the reform!!! Let’s go DIAA get your shit together

From all accounts they seem willing to try it. It will be up to the football committee to put together a proposal in time. Based on watching and listening to them the couple times they broached the subject I am not confident they can get that done in time. Hell you got one of them already interjecting breaking private schools off.. like said .. #nothappening

Last edited:
Yeah an idea but one that needs to be brought up every chance they meet. If they want “safety”, “better competition” it’s the idea that needs to be significantly looked at and deeper.

it’s clear the 50 of us who are active on this forum can do a better job at this than the ones in the meeting room.

if possible, I would vote for a “no confidence” in the entire DIAA board/ Football committee, therefore making it a PUBLIC board. Too many on the committee/Board that looks out for their conference brothers. I scratch your back you scratch mine.

for instance, let’s say nothing gets done. Now we are at our two year cycle again, and it won’t be brought back up until the august meeting in 2022.

Were gonna be right back where we’ve always been.Teams being beaten by 40-50 points. Certain schools forfeiting a season due to lack of players, safety concerns. And the same teams in the playoffs every year.....Smyrna, Middletown, Sallies, Central, Hodgson in D1.....Howard, Woodbridge, Delmar, Archmere and sad to say, Tower Hill in D2.

I agree 100% losing 2 more years is not good for the sport. While the proposal is not perfect, for 2 years what is the major harm. I think the schools in the lower division ( I forget if it called 1 or 3) can figure out if they really should be playing football. Perhaps some of those schools will transition to 8-man football or something.

The only actual complaint seemed to be the extra travel involved for some teams, but no one seemed to care that Howard and Archmere drove all the way to Dover this weekend.

The proposal basically laid out the 10 week schedule for teams and still left some space for rivalry games, etc.

The makeup of the committee is a joke and should result in some type of ethics investigation by the DOE.

BiB, according to Wdel, Newark will move into Flight A, but also keeping Concord in Flight A. Because of the addition of Odessa in Flight B.

making Flight A 9 teams, WPenn, Mtown, Appo, Delcastle, Hodgson, St. George’s, Mount, Newark, Concord. Giving each team only 2 Nonconference games.

I personally liked the 8 team format. It opened the door for another 3rd non conference game which gave us matchups like STG/Sallies, MT/CR, Appo/SC. Being a MT fan, I just know our two non conference games will always go to Smyrna and Sallies

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT