4. St Marks 2.3
5. RLCA 2.0
6. Delmar -0.2
7. Laurel -2.8
7. Newark -2.8
9. DMA -5.4
10. Caravel -6.1

Just interesting observations..for comment

If we used the computer ratings instead of the point system the playoffs would look like this

D1
1 Smyrna vs 4 St Georges
2 Middletown vs 3 Central

D2
1 Howard vs 4 St Marks
2 Woodbridge vs 3 Archmere

Last edited:
If we did Bowl Games with the top tens with no rematches

D1
Smyrna vs Middletown
Central vs St Georges
HVT vs CR
Sallies vs Appo
Cape vs Concord

D2
Howard vs Woodbridge
Archmere vs Delmar
St Marks vs RLCA
Laurel vs Newark
DMA vs Caravel

some really interesting match-ups here IMO

My interpretation is that the Current DIAA point system was aligned with the Cal Preps pretty solidly if used as a method for tournament qualification. 7 out of 8 ain’t bad...

Just interesting observations..for comment

If we used the computer ratings instead of the point system the playoffs would look like this

D1
1 Smyrna vs 4 St Georges
2 Middletown vs 3 Central

D2
1 Howard vs 4 St Marks
2 Woodbridge vs 3 Archmere

My interpretation is that the Current DIAA point system was aligned with the Cal Preps pretty solidly if used as a method for tournament qualification. 7 out of 8 ain’t bad...

yep.. Only differences are the matchups in D1 (I like the calpreps ones better) In D2 the seedings mix and St Marks getting in over RLCA, you could make a strong argument for that. (the only reason RLCA is in over STM is Charter)

If you expand it out for the normal 6 and 8 teams in I would have a problem with Sallies in at 6 over CR and there would probably be some discontent with Laurel getting in over DMA.. BUT we would have 3 more games so that would probably work itself out on a 10 game season

Last edited:
Reactions: 84rider
I think it more shows that they couldn’t gauge the teams as more accurate this year with so many teams/states not playing. Those extra 3/4 games per team could have evened the ratings out a little more.

I think it more shows that they couldn’t gauge the teams as more accurate this year with so many teams/states not playing. Those extra 3/4 games per team could have evened the ratings out a little more.

There really isn't all that many states not playing. Maryland played a few games and California is playing in the spring and there may be one or two others that didn't play yet. As far as rankings on a National level I agree its a bit different.

The ratings themselves overall are lower than if they played ten games for sure but the rankings (ordering the ratings) seem pretty good as far as in state and comparing vs the other in state teams

But the number of games are down. Which affects it. The more games played, the better or more accurate they are I feel like

Out of curiosity I went checked how many states played. There are more than I thought that haven't played yet. Pretty much all the ones that played, played a full schedule. There might be some politics at play in this as well.

Mostly northeast and west coast

DNP

California (spring schedule set)
Oregon
Washington
New Mexico
Hawaii

Maine
Vermont
Massachusetts
Rhode Island
Connecticut