ADVERTISEMENT

2021 2A Playoff Seeds Interim

Titanium Shadow

Good all around Player
Oct 5, 2018
The final playoff seeds are almost set. There was a big change from Concord losing their game against Brandywine, causing multiple teams to lose a projected bonus point, which knocked DMA down into a three way tie with Caravel and Freinds, which they then lose in the second tie breaker of Oppo wins %, dropping DMA to the 5th seed.

Archmere also secured the #1 seed with their win over DMA, dropping Woodbridge down to the #2 seed.

Newark will be 12th seed win or lose tomorrow but, if Newark loses, DMA will lose another bonus point, dropping them down to 6th seed, moving Delmar up to 5th seed.

If Friends wins, they will be the 4 seed as shown below. If Friends loses, they will drop to the 6 seed (they will get another BP from St. Andrews if they lose to St. Andrews, giving them a 4.2 index), moving DMA and Delmar up one seed.

If Mt. Pleasant wins today, Archmere, Friends, Concord and Howard all get another BP, which would move Friends up into the 3 seed and move Caravel down to the 4 seed.

1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 seeds are set. The only seeds that can still change are 3, 4, 5, and 6 based on the outcome of the Friends, Mt. Pleasant and Newark games.

SeedTeamDistrict WinsDistrict LossesOverall WinsOverall LossesPointsBonus PointsIndexOpponent Win Percentage
1Archmere6010042125.4055.8%
2Woodbridge6010042115.3055.1%
3Caravel51913694.5054.6%
4Friends51913694.5053.2%
5DMA60913694.5046.5%
6Delmar326326144.4462.9%
7Tower Hill32722894.1152.3%
8St. Mark's517328103.8047.5%
9Howard335522143.6060.4%
10Tech336424103.4053.1%
11Concord424616102.6045.9%
12Newark33552062.6036.0%

TeamBonus points
Archmere1 Tatnall, 1 Howard, 3 Friends, 2 St M, 2 TH, 3 DMA
Woodbridge2 St M, 1 Tech, 1 Delmar, 2 Laurel, 3 Caravel, 1 Lake, 1 Howard
Caravel1 Tech, 3 WB, 1 Lake, 1 Delmar, 3 St E
Friends1 Delmar, 1 Tatnall, 2 TH, 3 Archmere, 1 Howard, 1 St A
DMA2 Bonner, 1 Howard, 2 St Mark's, 3 Archmere, 1 Newark
Delmar3 Friends, 3 WB , 3 Caravel, 1 Lake, 1 Tech, 1 IR , 2 Laurel
Tower Hill3 Friends, 1 St A, 3 Archmere, 1 Howard, 1 Tatnall
St. Mark's3 WB, 1 Newark, 2 Archmere, 3 DMA
Howard3 Archmere, 3 DMA, 3 Friends, 2 TH, 3 WB
Tech2 Laurel, 3 Caravel, 3 Woodbridge, 1 Lake, 1 Delmar
Concord1, Howard, 1 Newark, 3 Caravel, 2 St M, 3 DMA
Newark2 St M, 1 Lake, 3 DMA

Last edited:
I think if MP wins tomorrow that will get teams that played them an extra point as well because they will be 5-4 on the year.

I think if MP wins tomorrow that will get teams that played them an extra point as well because they will be 5-4 on the year.
Good catch @Longagoplayer, if Mt. Pleasant wins, that would give Archmere, Friends, Concord and Howard another BP, moving Friends up into the 3 seed and moving Caravel down to the 4 seed.

How will this work - too 4 get a bye and the other 8 play 1st round? Then the 4 winners move in and it’s a straight 4/2/1 playoff?

How will this work - too 4 get a bye and the other 8 play 1st round? Then the 4 winners move in and it’s a straight 4/2/1 playoff?
First 4 seeds get a bye first round. First round 5 seed plays 12 seed, 6 seed plays 11 seed, etc. Second round 1 seed plays winner of 8/9 seed game, 2 seed plays winner of 7/10 seed game etc. No reseeding between rounds.

So Newark could lose and be 4-6 but yet still make it over a 5-5 team who blew Newark out. Tell me how that makes sense? Giving a playoff spot to the top 4 teams in each division is stupid especially when one of the divisions is absolutely stacked while the others are very mediocre. Same goes for Concord and their 4-6 record. A team that was outscored this season 268 to 175.

Last edited:
Newark will be 5-5 but Concord will be 4-6. I understand your point of having the best teams in the playoffs. I have heard that the plan of using this model for playoffs is to help get teams into the post season that don't normally get in. Helps bring more attention to the program and gives kids to play hard all season as oppose to giving up by week 5. I get both sides of the argument.

Newark will be 5-5 but Concord will be 4-6. I understand your point of having the best teams in the playoffs. I have heard that the plan of using this model for playoffs is to help get teams into the post season that don't normally get in. Helps bring more attention to the program and gives kids to play hard all season as oppose to giving up by week 5. I get both sides of the argument.
This serious? So we’ve catered to the participation trophy model now huh? Not actually getting the most competitive teams in. Great job DIAA.

Reactions: Huskerman7
TS. Since the Newark and Mt Pleasant games are done. Are the 2A playoffs seeds set? How about 3A. Are they settled?

TS. Since the Newark and Mt Pleasant games are done. Are the 2A playoffs seeds set? How about 3A. Are they settled?
2A won't be set until the Friends game completes.

I don't care enough about 3A to do the work to determine the seedings.

If they want to stick with this 4 team per district model, move Laurel up to 2A-D3. Move Caravel to D1. Red Lion to the D2 Move McKean and AI down.

@Woody_Wood check out the post hs did, week 10 playoff points that has what seeds would have been at the end of week 9. Not sure how much would have changed but they should be pretty accurate.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
You would still have to move one more team up from D1
Hell, bring Seaford up for D3 then. I at least have confidence that they could at least compete in 2A in the next year or two with who they have at coach and in their administration office. Get the old Henlopen South back together minus IR and adding Tech.

Hell, bring Seaford up for D3 then. I at least have confidence that they could at least compete in 2A in the next year or two with who they have at coach and in their administration office. Get the old Henlopen South back together minus IR and adding Tech.
Nothing will happen next year but when they reevaluate I'm sure there will be some type of change

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT