ADVERTISEMENT

Bummy Sez: Why not Thanksgiving Games in 2020

Uncle Bumfuzzled

D1A Prospect
Sep 11, 2012
This is the year you can do it.

Some Turkey Day Classics from the past. These were pre 1971....as that is the year we started the FB tournament.

PS duPont vs Wilmington High (morning) (last Thanksgiving match up 1970)
Howard vs. Salesianum (Last Thanksgiving matchup was like 1956) (afternoon)
Conrad vs. Dickinson
De La Warr vs. William Penn

Downstate: I have to charge up my failing memory on this one but I am sure that like Dover and CR, Georgetown and Millsboro (which were 2 of the schools that formed Sussex Central.

Last edited:
Reactions: ReturnOfTheGate
Howard vs. Salesianum - I would love to see this happen Slowkys vs Speed lol....

Remember that the basis for calling the Sals the Slowskys was their amazing streak of like 20 straight games with delay of game penalties or unnecessary time outs due to a slowness of getting their plays in. They seemed to have recovered from that over the past couple of years. There was also like 4 year run with opponents having kickoff and punt returns against their special teams.

Look, a Big S-Howard game would be a city championship. I would rather they play Howard than St. Marks if they have to play a D2 opponent.

Also, Ritter is going to go down as one of the great coaches in DE HS history. His main assistant Rahsaan Matthews would be a top 5 DE HS head FB coach if he chose to leave Howard.

Interesting stuff.

This is the year you can do it.

Some Turkey Day Classics from the past. These were pre 1971....as that is the year we started the FB tournament.

PS duPont vs Wilmington High (morning)
Howard vs. Salesianum (Last Thanksgiving matchup was like 1956) (afternoon)
Conrad vs. Dickinson
De La Warr vs. William Penn

Downstate: I have to charge up my failing memory on this one but I am sure that like Dover and CR, Georgetown and Millsboro (which were 2 of the schools that formed Sussex Central.
Seaford-Laurel and Delmar-Woodbridge.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Remember that the basis for calling the Sals the Slowskys was their amazing streak of like 20 straight games with delay of game penalties or unnecessary time outs due to a slowness of getting their plays in. They seemed to have recovered from that over the past couple of years. There was also like 4 year run with opponents having kickoff and punt returns against their special teams.

Look, a Big S-Howard game would be a city championship. I would rather they play Howard than St. Marks if they have to play a D2 opponent.

Also, Ritter is going to go down as one of the great coaches in DE HS history. His main assistant Rahsaan Matthews would be a top 5 DE HS head FB coach if he chose to leave Howard.

Interesting stuff.

last year Howard would have beaten Sals. Not saying every year just last year. Would be a good game imo where the St Marks game just isn’t competitive anymore

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT