ADVERTISEMENT

Bummy's City Rankings

Uncle Bumfuzzled

D1A Prospect
Sep 11, 2012
BUMMY’S CITY RANKINGS
2020 MIDSEASON EDITION

1. HOWARD. (4-1) Defending State Champs play at DMA this Friday. I am pulling for the Eastsiders but DMA seems to be on a roll. Look for Cats to lose.

2. SALESIANUM
. (4-1). Sals now begin the real part of their schedule. Look for a painful loss as they host Middletown this week at the Abessinio. Look for the Sals to go 2-3, possibly 1-4 in second half of the season.

3. ST. ELIZABETH’S (5-0). Vikings play at Dickinson @ 6 PM on Friday. It is homecoming for Dickinson. Realignment helped the Vikings immeasurably…my sense is that the Vikings are going to win their first 9 games. The last game of the year at home against Caravel will be painful.

4. TOWER HILL. (3-1) This week at Archmere. Good luck, Hillers. Look for them to lose big to Archmere. Checking the roster, the Auks are loaded with talented players whose last names end in vowels.

5. CHARTER (3-2). Even Poly knew to schedule their homecoming game against Charter! (Let’s be fair. Charter went 4-6 in ’17, 1-9 in ’18, 0-10 in ’19, 0-7 in ’20. That is they were on a 17 losing streak coming into this year...). Realignment helped Charter. Look for Charter to lose this week at Tatnall. (the drama is compelling on this one...)

City record now stands at 19-5.
Bummy is still mystified that the only city matchup this year is Howard hosting Tower Hill on 10/30. That’s all for now. Now, back to repairing accordions.

Last edited:
Because of realignment, Dickinson & Tanall are still very much in playoff contention, and Charter is virtually guaranteed a spot. Prepare for some historically lopsided playoff margins this fall.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Tower Hill plays at Archmere….visiting team homecoming game?

Bummy sometimes finds the websiteforsports site confusing. 👴 It is Archmere's Homecoming Game.. which by the way are usually well attended with great food at the concessions.. It's a fun game to go to but parking can be a 🐻

Last edited:
Reactions: trapblock22
Bummy sometimes finds the websiteforsports site confusing. 👴. It is Archmere's Homecoming Game.. which by the way are usually well attended with great food at the concessions.. It's a fun game to go to but parking can be a 🐻
thank you for explaining. i was super confused when i read it this morning

MV5BMTA3MjMzOTM5NzleQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDQzNDEzNzc@._V1_.jpg

Thanks, gents. Yes, when I get the opportunity, I will go back and correct. I wouldn’t want to blow my opportunity for a Pulitzer Prize.

I was starting to wonder how your homecoming game could be on the road. You never know, a lot of customs have changed in the last 50 years.

Last edited:
Bummy sometimes finds the websiteforsports site confusing. 👴 It is Archmere's Homecoming Game.. which by the way are usually well attended with great food at the concessions.. It's a fun game to go to but parking can be a 🐻
Auks have soccer and field hockey at home at 11. Since football doesn't start until 2, much of that traffic should be cleared by then.

Auks have soccer and field hockey at home at 11. Since football doesn't start until 2, much of that traffic should be cleared by then.

That is splendid old sport! We wouldn’t want the chauffeur to scratch the Bentley. The football contest is late enough that we shall be able to go to the polo match at Bib’s estate earlier in the day.

• Haha
Reactions: nomorenonstop
That is splendid old sport! We wouldn’t want the chauffeur to scratch the Bentley. The football contest is late enough that we shall be able to go to the polo match at Bib’s estate earlier in the day.
Sure hope it is regular polo and not water polo, the horses really struggle in the water.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT