ADVERTISEMENT

CANCELLATIONS

BackinBlack86

Top 100 Prospect
Oct 5, 2018
Dickinson vs Howard- Not enough JDHS players with COVID Clearance for this week
McKean v Christiana- CANCELLED

Last edited:
Based on the foreseeability of this situation, Bummy had called for a Howard-Salesianum City Championship game. Why not end the regular season with a meaningful / interesting game?

Reactions: 84rider
Howard didn’t need the forfeit so there was not a need for the manipulation. They had to make sure that McKean, Christiana, and Dickinson played the required 5 games for Howard to get their 5 games. Once Howard played Appo and McKean got to 5 games with the forfeit, they were eligible. It’s called the football subcommittee connection.

So if I'm to understand this because of COVID, Howard would be 6-0 for seeding purposes?

Correct their point index will be what it is now 4.33 and if Newark beats Bwine then it will be 4.5

Had they got a FFT win their index would have went down to 4.29 a or 4.43 if Newark wins

The worse Archmere can do is 4.58 so that doesn't matter. If DMA wins they will post 4.17 and the best anyone else can do is 4.0

So... it doesn't make any difference Howard will be the 2 seed whether they played or not..

Last edited:
Howard didn’t need the forfeit so there was not a need for the manipulation. They had to make sure that McKean, Christiana, and Dickinson played the required 5 games for Howard to get their 5 games. Once Howard played Appo and McKean got to 5 games with the forfeit, they were eligible. It’s called the football subcommittee connection.

It only mattered that Howard got 5 games.. If those other teams didn't get 5 the game just wouldn't have counted..

So if you look at it now Howard is 6-0 with 26pts or 4.33 index

If one of those teams don't reach 5 then Howard would be 5-0 with 22pts or 4.40 index.. still #2

if 2 of them don't reach 5 then Howard would be 4-0 with 18pts or 4.50 index BUT they then would only have 4 games counted and would have to play someone this week to qualify

Dickinson only has 3 games played so the game with them would not have counted anyway

The McKean situation could look janky as they got a fft win and the next two games of McKean's were covid cancels BUT it would not have mattered for Howard if it were a cancel Howard would still be 5-0 with 4.40 or 4.6 if Newark wins.. actually it may hurt them getting the FFT if Archmere ends up 4.58 then Howard would get the 1 seed at 4.6

kookiness I know ..lol

Last edited:

Your Howard obsession is weird.

• Haha
Reactions: BackinBlack86
There is no minimum games requirement at all. Donna says so....

Reactions: Huskerman7
I think Howard is a great school and provides an opportunity for students who may decide to take a trade then go to college or continue to pursue other post secondary opportunities. I have known many people who have graduated from there. They have many great things to say about the school.
But the football subcommittee decided on all these rules that limited a school on the number of games it could play. Looking at the Henny conferences, those teams decided to open up their rules a bit. The BHC did not. Usually in an obvious situation where it was pretty clear that a team was being screwed, there is usually one or a few that hold the power. As I connected the dots, the BHC flight B had too many members and one member was listed as a community person, but is a football coach in BHC flight B. I just don’t think the committee is valid and should be making decisions for DE football. I would hope you see the same.
That being said, it looks like it was a great idea for Howard to make sure the auto bids were preserved. I don’t know everything about the point system but the 3 Diamond State teams could have beaten them out this year. Maybe not now but there was a possibility.
There is talk of Ritter taking over at Sallies. There is no doubt he would bring them back to a powerhouse. Personally, I like where Sallies is. They are still being talked about but end up losing. It is fun to follow.

I think Howard is a great school and provides an opportunity for students who may decide to take a trade then go to college or continue to pursue other post secondary opportunities. I have known many people who have graduated from there. They have many great things to say about the school.
But the football subcommittee decided on all these rules that limited a school on the number of games it could play. Looking at the Henny conferences, those teams decided to open up their rules a bit. The BHC did not. Usually in an obvious situation where it was pretty clear that a team was being screwed, there is usually one or a few that hold the power. As I connected the dots, the BHC flight B had too many members and one member was listed as a community person, but is a football coach in BHC flight B. I just don’t think the committee is valid and should be making decisions for DE football. I would hope you see the same.
That being said, it looks like it was a great idea for Howard to make sure the auto bids were preserved. I don’t know everything about the point system but the 3 Diamond State teams could have beaten them out this year. Maybe not now but there was a possibility.
There is talk of Ritter taking over at Sallies. There is no doubt he would bring them back to a powerhouse. Personally, I like where Sallies is. They are still being talked about but end up losing. It is fun to follow.

There is definitely a chance the auto bid will be the only reason a Hen South team gets in though. .Even more so if TH was in play

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT