ADVERTISEMENT

Caravel-St. Georges game is on and airs on Fox Sports 1290

Sep 3, 2014
Caravel coach John Reed confirmed tonight's game will be played between No. 1 St. George's and No. 3 Caravel Academy.
With the cold and damp weather, if you aren't going be sure to tune in to hear Matt Pencek and Jon Buzby call all the action live from Bob Peoples Stadium on the Caravel Academy campus beginning with the Glasgow Medical Aid Unit Pregame Show at 6:30 followed by kickoff at 7.

http://www.foxsports1290am.com

Been listening to commercials for over 10 minutes. Game started at 7 it is 7:05 nothing. Missed the beginning of the game. Just came on. What a joke!
This post was edited on 11/1 7:06 PM by oldtimer22

Caravel has 4th and 14 in the red zone. Play has happened and we are listening to commercials not the play. They have already reported it on Delaware Online live feed.

Very good game btw to equally matched teams....why didn't the buc go for 2 after their last / only td ???

@RR

what's the score for those of us who are watching the Rambo marathon before heading out...

images

Well played game by both teams. Hard hitting defenses on both teams and game could have gone either way. I wonder if CA would have tried a FG on their last drive if they had gone for 2 earlier?

@nuk....at halftime I was watching the Bucs kicker who was kicking in that direction.....he looked like he had a decent shot from 45yds out..... they moved the ball into the red zone rt before half and settled for a fg.... and the ball was in the red zone again so on that last drive a fg would have been a no brainer if the score was 14-11....

Good game between the top 2 teams in D2. I assume we will see a rematch in few weeks. Although Lake may have something to say about that.

If the Bucs don't get that offense squared away there wont be any rematch... real talk!
mad.r191677.gif

Laurel- 27
Christiana 12
Mt Pleasant 14
HVT 30
Charter 12
Brandywine 13

CA - 10 ???

10 are you kidding me?

The D holds a team averaging 44pts a game to 14 and 10??? arghh... RR2 not happy
mad0012.r191677.gif

ok rant over... on to next week..

This post was edited on 11/2 12:56 PM by ravensrooster2

Caravel's OC play calling is very suspect to say the least. You have the most elcetrifying player in the state (Savage), and one of the best throwing QB's in the state, and he would rather run wildcat with Savage (1 on 11) instead of give him the ball in space on the outside (1 on 1 or 2). He attempted one pass to Savage out in space and it was knocked down by the DB. Also, it's quite obvious that the OC is telling him which reciever to throw to because the QB is looking a only one person when he throws (1 man routes). The OC is very "elementary' in his play calling. Coaching varsity with a JV playbook ain't gona cut it against good teams.

Originally posted by ravensrooster2:
If the Bucs don't get that offense squared away there wont be any rematch... real talk!
mad.r191677.gif

Laurel- 27
Christiana 12
Mt Pleasant 14
HVT 30
Charter 12
Brandywine 13

CA - 10 ???

10 are you kidding me?

The D holds a team averaging 44pts a game to 14 and 10??? arghh... RR2 not happy
mad0012.r191677.gif

RR- that's a great point-....thought crossed my mind while looking at JD's team stats last week and the numbers they were putting up. Bucs D gets 3 thumbs up :)

I will be in Cowbell Hell this week but you seem to know a lot more on OOS teams than most....what are Spartys boys going up against Friday vs ABS?

Originally posted by Jawnsky:

mad.r191677.gif

Laurel- 27
Christiana 12
Mt Pleasant 14
HVT 30
Charter 12
Brandywine 13

CA - 10 ???

10 are you kidding me?

mad0012.r191677.gif

RR- that's a great point-....thought crossed my mind while looking at JD's team stats last week and the numbers they were putting up. Bucs D gets 3 thumbs up :)

I will be in Cowbell Hell this week but you seem to know a lot more on OOS teams than most....what are Spartys boys going up against Friday vs ABS?
Archbishop Spaulding is 2-8 on the year. 7 losses have come against teams that MAX Preps has rated 49, 117, 270, 310, 595, 779 and 1060 in the country. All higher than St Marks at 1441.

St Georges defense is obviously very good. And unlike those other teams who scored on them, it was mostly against 2nd teamers and the game was well in hand. There were no 2nd teamers in against Caravel. So you think maybe that had something to do with them scoring 10? CA's lone touch down was on a busted coverage AND the receiver made an amazing catch!
This post was edited on 11/3 12:56 PM by carpediem1956

It was the first game of the year but I remember Laurel putting up 27 on the St.Georges starters before the offense took off and blew out Laurel.

You are absolutely correct smackjack. 27 points on a defense with i believe 7 new starters and as you said the first game of the year. Think they have improved a bit. Def not them same defense now. More impressive however is the job CA defense did against St G offense.
This post was edited on 11/3 1:12 PM by carpediem1956

Based on each having over 1000 students, plus their success both St Georges and Hodgson should move up to D1 in football.

Originally posted by oldtimer22:

Originally posted by Jawnsky:

mad.r191677.gif

Laurel- 27
Christiana 12
Mt Pleasant 14
HVT 30
Charter 12
Brandywine 13

CA - 10 ???

10 are you kidding me?

mad0012.r191677.gif

Archbishop Spaulding is 2-8 on the year. 7 losses have come against teams that MAX Preps has rated 49, 117, 270, 310, 595, 779 and 1060 in the country. All higher than St Marks at 1441.
Spalding will be a very tough game for them.. Essentially playing any MIAA A team is going to be a tough game.. Big lines plenty of athletes and good coaching.. obviously McDonogh and Gilman are different animals but all the MIAA A teams are pretty good in comparisin to regular teams . Spalding is however the weekest of the MIAA A squads this year.. I believe Spalding played Cape last year and beat them handily

This post was edited on 11/3 1:50 PM by ravensrooster2

Damn- I know those rankings are not perfect....especially at the beginning of the season. But that is fairly impressive for a week 10 matchup.

@Sportn2011
Yeah your right, but with way more talent on the field.
This post was edited on 11/3 1:54 PM by SwagDog

Originally posted by spartakos:
@jawnsky

St Marks 40

ABS 12

just saying
Spalding got a little too agressive with the OOC scheduling this year appearantly
tongue.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 11/3 2:17 PM by ravensrooster2

@RR

ABS should stick to wrestling...haha

then it would be

ABS 54
St Marks 3

just saying

Sportn2011: "They won a state title running the exact same plays two years ago...."

This is true, but they had a monster line, plus Hudson, Ripante, Murray, and Groomes to go along with Savage.

This post was edited on 11/3 9:22 PM by IncognitoFanDE

Spalding will be a very tough game for St. mark's. I believe all those teams in that conference have spring practice and can recruit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT