ADVERTISEMENT

Centralized Website for Stats/Standings/History?

DelaNewb

Tackles too high
Dec 6, 2021
I’m relatively new to delaware high school sports and have started following high school football for the past three years but more so this year when I found this forum (great info).

One thing I haven’t been able to find is a centralized website for records/stats/standings/etc.

I’m sure it’s out there and I’m just missing it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Last edited:
@DelaNewb That site Husker posted has info (results, schedules, rosters) but only goes back to I think 2006. You can look at MaxPreps for stats but keep in mind less than half the teams (probably about a third) submit stats there and that only goes back to around 2008. You can also look at DIAA website for history as far as the state tournament (brackets and results) here https://education.delaware.gov/diaa/sport_championships/fall_sports/football/

Unfortunately stats as far all time leaders (rushing, passing etc..) or team wins etc..were never kept as far as I know. Actually the only place there are stats is MaxPreps and like I mentioned only a portion of the teams submit them and they are not official or anything. The accuracy of the stats can be suspect as well depending on who from the teams are tracking them and posting them. Sometimes it's a parent in the stands keeping stats and posting so.. take it for what it's worth. Most the stats posted on MaxPreps aren't vetted or anything..

Reactions: DelaNewb
Awesome! Ive been following this page this season and have seen those names!

I didn’t grow up around here so I don’t always understand the old classic rivalries (which I love in high school sports). So it’s good to have oracles around to connect past to present!

Welcome man and yeah this year seemed to have some pretty good discussions. And while there can be some heated back and forth I believe that while we all have difference of opinions we are able to respect those differences. And there seems to be at least one or two people who represent each team so you can get a pretty good idea of what's currently going on with each team throughout the state.

Reactions: DelaNewb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT