ADVERTISEMENT

Christina District Sports

309BlueHens

Towel boy
Mar 12, 2014
The Christina School District is holding a tax referendum on June 6th. Today, information has come out that seems to indicate that one of the consequences if it fails to be approved will be the elimination of ALL district sports programs, including varsity teams. Somehow I still can't see this happening, but if it does, how will it be handled by the rest of the state? It obviously would impact other teams who have scheduled them, especially Flight B teams, who would each lose three games! Thoughts?

The Christina School District is holding a tax referendum on June 6th. Today, information has come out that seems to indicate that one of the consequences if it fails to be approved will be the elimination of ALL district sports programs, including varsity teams. Somehow I still can't see this happening, but if it does, how will it be handled by the rest of the state? It obviously would impact other teams who have scheduled them, especially Flight B teams, who would each lose three games! Thoughts?
Wow. That’s all I can say. Such a shame what’s happened to that district over the past decade or so.

Reactions: 84rider
I thought they were eliminating sub-varsity but you might be right. A significant amount of money was for putting lights back at Newark and Glasgow and replacing the tennis courts at CHristiana.

Update-- Sorry for posting the wrong date! The referendum was today, June 9th. The results are in, and the referendum was approved by a 68% vote. Obviously, the threat of losing three Flight B teams is now gone.

I am happy for the kids.

The public may be better served if Christina followed the Colonial model and had one big HS. That idea might not be feasible but Bummy loves to say random things and sound knowledgeable.

My personal opinion is PS should be a high school and maybe find money to build another high school in the city since we have money for Riverfront and Market Street Mall upkeep.

That said, happy for the Christina kids and administration.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT