ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations KC Keeler

Home and dove....if you mean he was arrogant, OK. Throwing his weight around, OK. What was the given reason for his termination? He was able to get a job ASAP. Please give me the scoop. “ behind the scenes...?”

https://www.newarkpostonline.com/sp...cle_5465226c-59bb-11e2-9dad-0019bb2963f4.html

I can surmise from this story that he was an arrogant SOB. I assume that there are a lot of things I don’t know. I retract the last sentence of my previous post.

Last edited:
Home and dove....if you mean he was arrogant, OK. Throwing his weight around, OK. What was the given reason for his termination? He was able to get a job ASAP. Please give me the scoop. “ behind the scenes...?”

https://www.newarkpostonline.com/sp...cle_5465226c-59bb-11e2-9dad-0019bb2963f4.html

I can surmise from this story that he was an arrogant SOB. I assume that there are a lot of things I don’t know. I retract the last sentence of my previous post.
Bum; Keeler was concerned about the funding (or lack thereof) of the football program despite the seats that the program filled. He repeatedly clashed with the incoming administration , particularly Harker. Harker came in from the University of PA and everyone was excited because he was a former football player. What a mistake! Keeler immediately clashed with a cost cutter and sealed his demise. The thing that annoyed me most about Keeler was that he simply could not recruit a quarterback. He was able though to recruit another coaches quarterbacks. He landed on his feet in Texas and quarterbacks there grow on trees. He doesn't have to worry much about academics these days either.

Bum; Keeler was concerned about the funding (or lack thereof) of the football program despite the seats that the program filled. He repeatedly clashed with the incoming administration , particularly Harker. Harker came in from the University of PA and everyone was excited because he was a former football player. What a mistake! Keeler immediately clashed with a cost cutter and sealed his demise. The thing that annoyed me most about Keeler was that he simply could not recruit a quarterback. He was able though to recruit another coaches quarterbacks. He landed on his feet in Texas and quarterbacks there grow on trees. He doesn't have to worry much about academics these days either.
This was a conversation we had long ago on this board. Killing the atmosphere at games was the first step. Yes, it was a great tailgating tradition, but liability killed it. They made it very clear, students weren't welcome to party in a safe setting. No driving, just walking to the stadium. Then they hit on the alumni, who had grown the UD tradition.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT