ADVERTISEMENT

Could this be the first of many?

DoItWrite

moving up to Varsity
Mar 8, 2016
It was expected that some football players would transfer if they were not able to have a fall season in 2020. Braden Davis is headed to Florida for his junior season. Something interesting in this tweet is that Middletown FB calls it "a three-month change of scenery." Would Davis be eligible to play football for the Cavs in the spring if he transferred back? Can you play the same sport twice in one academic year?

https://247sports.com/Article/Flori...ansfer-college-football-recruiting-150377227/

free article..

"How I had things planned out, it is more beneficial for me to have a season in the fall. My plan was to take official visits and unofficial visits in the spring. Having a season during that time would impede on that."

Davis will see how things develop during the fall, but he said right now he will return to Delaware for his senior season.

"The plan is just for this season and then come back after the season in the winter and come back to Middletown," he said.

IMG Academy next.

Possibly. depending on how well he does this season. Sounds like most his verbals are based on potential and athleticism at this point but if he show the progression they are looking for this year in FLA those will be solid commit-able offers....I am guessing at that point he will want to grad early and enroll early but I am not sure if you can do that at Middletown... either way it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he hasn't played his last game for the Cavs,,,

@BiB
You can most definitely graduate early @MHS ( why wouldn’t you be able to ) ... Kedrick Whitehead currently a starting Safety @UD & former QB Darius Wade both graduated and enrolled early

@BiB
You can most definitely graduate early @MHS ( why wouldn’t you be able to ) ... Kedrick Whitehead currently a starting Safety @UD & former QB Darius Wade both graduated and enrolled early

There are a lot of public school systems you can't grad early ( like English 12 is a requirement and most public schools aren't able to accelerate a yr long course into a semester).. Kids often will transfer to privates or online academies to do so.. I don't know DOE or Appo schools districts rules on it. Was just asking.. I guess if your taking summer classes to get the credits early it works?

MT Senior Defensive End Sean Freeburg is going down to Florida with Davis.

Hodgson Qb Henry transferred to Penns Grove

MT Senior Defensive End Sean Freeburg is going down to Florida with Davis.

Hodgson Qb Henry transferred to Penns Grove
CJ did NOT transfer to PG. Nyghee Lolley and him played in a 7v7 tournament with them. Is there talks of moving over there? Yes, but nothing is set in stone. (CJ is like family to me, figure I’d break the rumors.)

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
can only share the info I was told and Was told from my reliable source that he did.
if he’s like family I would take that’s more reliable Than mine so I apologize if it was false info

Thank you for breaking the rumors!

Last edited:
Kids should wait until they see what happens with football before moving. I think they will play personally.

That being said there are a handful of kids in lacrosse, football, baseball, etc that have true opportunity to go play in NCAA and in that case they should have been considering leaving anyway. Look what it did for the kids from Caravel, Delmar, etc But its not the majority its the minority.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT