ADVERTISEMENT

Coverage of HS Football in DE

Dec 8, 2020
Seems like this board has some pull or at least the gang does. Maybe we can get a boost. I realize that economics have changed with reporting and coverage, while having to pay for people. However, is there a way we can get more coverage (not looking for better) just more coverage on the HS football in DE. Clearly all sports need more coverage, but lets start with Football. With all the people that comment on this board and their extended group. There has got to be a way that we can get more coverage on the football in DE. I know very little about the football south of Smyrna. I am sure we have a group on this board that must get aggravated with the limited coverage out side of New Castle County. To be honest, the only reason I even pick up the local paper is to see what's happening in highschool sports. This is with the online subscription I already have. There is something about the print on a local team in the paper. I have reached out to those I know at the news Journal, and got a bit of a run around about resources and such, but I have to think that there reader rates must go up by 50% plus during Highschool football season. So pure economics would say, cover more of it, increase your eyes, and people purchasing.
So figured with enough people on this board, and I know some are very connected, maybe just maybe we can get more coverage. I'm pretty sure there are enough coaches, dads or fans on this board, that could probably write their own 200 word article on the game they attended. Open to your thoughts. Now I know I am pushing, but bring back the Sunday, pre-season insert, that highlights every team.

Our podcast (Delaware Sports Debate) is coming back August 14. We’re trying to do our small part to highlight DE HS football.

Reactions: Huskerman7
It's weird. The Delaware State News has always done a nice job at covering Henny FB games in their Saturday edition. Now, I hear they are not going to publish on Saturdays.

I hope they just have the traditional Friday night lights FB coverage on Sunday.

(On second thought, maybe they will have the online edition on Saturday....but that might me behind a pay wall. Oh well!)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT