8. Dover
7. Concord
6. W Penn
5 Friends
4. Caravel
3. Milford
2. Seaford
1. Archmere

I can't ever remember the Sals playing a 4pm game on a Friday. Maybe Uncle Bunny, with an encyclopedic knowledge of past sorting events can.

I can't ever remember the Sals playing a 4pm game on a Friday. Maybe Uncle Bunny, with an encyclopedic knowledge of past sorting events can.
I don’t remember a 4 PM Friday start. I do remember the Sals hosting Bel Air at 4 on a Monday like in ‘76 for a varsity game. ( Sals lost that one…)

I think it has been mentioned that this start time was adjusted to get an experienced officiating crew. I am sure the same refs will be working a 730 start in Northern New Castle County. Looks like these guys are pulling a double shift.

Good for Wilson and DiNardo if they pushed for this. Old guys like me can then get home and watch Sanford and Son reruns.

Last edited:
I don’t remember a 4 PM Friday start. I do remember the Sals hosting Bel Air at 4 on a Monday like in ‘76 for a varsity game. ( Sals lost that one…)

I think it has been mentioned that this start time was adjusted to get an experienced officiating crew. I am sure the same refs will be working a 730 start in Northern New Castle County. Looks like these guys are pulling a double shift.

Good for Wilson and DiNardo if they pushed for this. Old guys like me can then get home and watch Sanford and Son reruns.
Bummy, you got me cobwebs cleared a bit. I also remember a Monday game with the Sals and Downingtown East after the Baynard lights blew up the prior Friday night. That game believe it or not was resumed in PA.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
10. MTOWN
9. Sallies
8. Howard
7. Caravel
6. Milford
5. Concord
4.Friends
3.HVT
2. Seaford
1. Dover

I know I’m late with the Dover pick didn’t know they started @ 5. Cancel it out if need be.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
10. MTOWN
9. Sallies
8. Howard
7. Caravel
6. Milford
5. Concord
4.Friends
3.HVT
2. Seaford
1. Dover

I know I’m late with the Dover pick didn’t know they started @ 5. Cancel it out if need be.
Dover was losing when you posted so we will take it..

I heard the game was moved due to officiating. I thought the officials were heading to Brandywine game later. But I just heard the Brandywine game is cancelled. Not sure if it was the ref situation or not

Bummy, you got me cobwebs cleared a bit. I also remember a Monday game with the Sals and Downingtown East after the Baynard lights blew up the prior Friday night. That game believe it or not was resumed in PA.
I believe in 2005, the Sals played at Malvern on Monday (after a Sat. rainout). They got beat like 35-0. They went on to beat Newark for the state title.

@BackinBlack86 If anybody who missed getting in their picks before yesterday's Dover/Cape game wants to pick the rest of the games for the week, I would be OK with giving them 1 point for Dover as nobody picked Cape to win.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT