ADVERTISEMENT

DIAA Boys Lacrosse Goalie Saves Record???

Not sure if the link is working, but here’s the post from Red_Lion_Lacrosse:

New DIAA Single season save record. Freshman goalie for Red Lion has officially broke the record by one late in the closing minutes of the game to give Red Lion the win. 274 saves on the season.

The whole premise is questionable. That’s an 18+ save per game stat. I find there may be a bit of questioning what they’re actually constituting as a save.

The whole premise is questionable. That’s an 18+ save per game stat. I find there may be a bit of questioning what they’re actually constituting as a save.
My son is actually the one who broke the record. He ended the season with 277 saves. The previous record was 276. He played for Delcastle. Unfortunately their team is mostly new players and his defense was not very skilled. Therefore, every game he was shot on constantly and was busting his tail to save every shot he could. What they are counting as saves are the balls that he actually touched. I personally counted every single save he made all season and my count was actually higher. The manager missed quite a few throughout the season so his final number should have been higher. You can go to any team he played against and ask them about him and see what their response is. Unless you’ve watched him in action, please don’t be disrespectful and doubt his skill. I would also like to mention that he played his last 4 games with a severely injured wrist and was still able to beat this record! Shane is an incredible kid who has a lot of talent. Unfortunately, he went to a school that is overlooked in sports so he is not well known and was overlooked and underestimated by many.

Interesting. Laxnumbers.com show something different.
My son is Shane Wright, the goalie from Delcastle who broke the record. Thank you for posting this link to clarify the mixup. Shane worked extremely hard for his stats. We didn’t even know there was a record until his last game! Someone asked me where to find this info and because of your comment I was able to find it. He didn’t get the recognition he deserved this year so seeing his name as the current record holder means so much to him. Thank you!

Reactions: Huskerman7
No one was questioning anyone from Delcastle as the premise of the post was about Red Lion, their goalie and the tone of which they made the post - which appears to have been deleted.

Congrats to your son on a fine personal season. I hope Coach B turns that program around!

Reactions: J14wrig
No one was questioning anyone from Delcastle as the premise of the post was about Red Lion, their goalie and the tone of which they made the post - which appears to have been deleted.

Congrats to your son on a fine personal season. I hope Coach B turns that program around!

Thank you so very much. My apologies, I must have misunderstood how you meant that. I’m a little sensitive when it comes to him getting recognition because he’s worked so hard to get where he is as a player. Him not getting much recognition in the conference after carrying the weight of the team on his shoulders was beyond heartbreaking and frustrating. I didn’t want this accomplishment to be brushed off as well.

As far as Coach B goes, he has players that are brand new to the game. If he can get them to play on summer leagues and participate in clinics I think there’s definitely potential to turn around.

Again, my apologies for the misunderstanding, but I am thankful you wrote this post because I was able to see the site with his record lol!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT