ADVERTISEMENT

DIAA Fall Tournament Manual finally posted

BackinBlack86

Top 100 Prospect
Oct 5, 2018

241815298_10159224896650743_3252654345600165807_n.jpg

241818961_10159224897020743_9055740787000882197_n.jpg

241801690_10159224897550743_876335193124111914_n.jpg

1A and 2A is weird.. You only have to finish top 4 in your division but based only on division record. That is just to get you in then the field of 12 (8 1A) teams then are seeded by point index. Basically winning your division means nothing just have to be top 4. I guess you could hang a Div Champ banner in the gym though

Last edited:
3A is simple everyone in and seeded by point index. The divisions don't mean much. I am pretty sure this is a 1 year only then some teams will have to move into 3A. At least 1

In 1A - top 4 team in each district reach tourney. Based on overall record?> or in district like 2A?

In 2A - to 4 teams in each district based on "IN DISTRICT RECORD"

1A and 2A is weird.. You only have to finish top 4 in your division but based only on division record. That is just to get you in then the field of 12 (8 1A) teams are seeded by point index. Basically winning your division means nothing just have to be top 4. I guess you could hang a Div Champ banner in the gym though
It would look weird that a team that finishes 4-6 could get in over a 5-5 team because you end up with a better district record, while not likely is still possible.

It would look weird that a team that finishes 4-6 could get in over a 5-5 team because you end up with a better district record, while not likely is still possible.

I think that is very possible maybe even more of a record difference with 4 out of district games depending on who scheduled whom OOD. You probably will only need 3 in district wins to get top 4 of 7. You go 3-7 but your 3 wins are in-district you likely will get in. If you have 6 district games winning 3 will get you in most cases maybe even 2. Hell you could go 2-4 in-district and 2-8 overall and get in if 3 teams only win 1 or 2 in-district games and you have the HtoH over the 2 win teams.

I think that is very possible maybe even more of a record difference with 4 out of district games depending on who scheduled whom OOD. You probably will only need 3 in district wins to get top 4 of 7. You go 3-7 but your 3 wins are in-district you likely will get in. If you have 6 district games winning 3 will get you in most cases maybe even 2. Hell you could go 2-4 in-district and 2-8 overall and get in if 3 teams only win 1 or 2 in-district games and you have the HtoH over the 2 win teams.
It's still better than the points system. Although DIAA needs to reorganize 2A so district 3 isn't like the Hunger Games.

• Haha
Reactions: BackinBlack86
If I’m readng correctly, does it mean that Laurel’s first two wins have each been worth six points (so far)?
Correct. 4 for each win (8) and 2 for playing up a class each (4). 12pts. That only matters for seeding though. They have 0 wins toward qualifying to get into the playoffs. 😋

Last edited:
FWIW, the comittee has said they will make no changes for 2 years.

True, I was referring to this.. maybe reading too much into why they specified 2021 season on this one and not the others

G. The Class 3A tournament field will be an open tournament for the 2021 season.

Reactions: Huskerman7
It's still better than the points system. Although DIAA needs to reorganize 2A so district 3 isn't like the Hunger Games.
Without question there will be 2A district 1 teams getting in that won't be near as good as some district 3 teams that don't get in.

2 of these wont get in
Woodbridge
Delmar
Caravel
Milford
Lake
RLCA

2 of these will (assuming DMA and St Marks in)
Concord
Delcastle
Newark
Conrad
McKean

2 of these will also get in (assuming Howard and Archmere in)
Brandywine
AI
Friends
Tower Hill
Mt Pleasant

Last edited:
Very interesting. As long as there are football coaches on the committee, there is always going to be bias to their teams. The coach will try to make sure his team has the best chance to make playoffs. Thus, some teams will get screwed. That Woodbridge division definitely looks the toughest. All of those teams are probably payoff worthy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT