ADVERTISEMENT

DOVER

Mar 30, 2011
I was looking at their record so far, and saw that they blew out central, and beat red lion rather convincingly. anyone think they might be a contender? Not that just by beating these teams qualify them, im curious as to if they actually have real skill, having not seen them play.

mount scrimmaged them in a playday. beat them 5-4 but was even the whole game. they have strong poles and lsm that are fast, have good stick skills, and will hit you given the chance. they are a solid team and i think they have a good shot at the playoffs if they continue to play hard and improve. good guys on the team too. no dirty play or mouthing off or anything.

Tonight is a great test for them - lost to Polytech last year 7-3, so turning that one around this year would be big.

Not to bad mouth Dover, but to call them a contender is a little far fetched in my opinion. Considering they will have to play Cape and C.R. makes me doubt how much they really have to show. For example, C.R. gave it to poly 16-2 while dover had to take poly to double overtime. I mean we'll see but just sayin.

Congrats to Dover on a nice win. they were 11-4 last year, and one of their losses was to PolyTech. They beat CR last year, so that rematch will be important to both teams this year.

Dover is a solid program. Their kids play hard and they have a good coaching staff. Im sure last night was a big, emotional win for them. Congrats!

For one, we aren't talking about last year. Both teams are completely different TEAMS, with different players, etc. So last year is irrelevant. But secondly, I'm not saying it wasn't a good win. Congrats to them because it was a conference win against a rival, but the topic of this thread was whether or not they are a "contender." And on that topic, I would not call them a contender. They have not beaten any teams that are "contenders." C.R. also blew out Central, 21-1, and then beat Charter 8-2 and they ARE a contender.

You have to take last year into consideration when evaluating early season games, otherwise everyone with a 3-0 record so far is a "contender". Based on that, Dover looks improved this year, but way too early to say how much. I would say CR is also better - maybe much better. Great test on Saturday vs. Sallies.

When you guys talk "contenders", contenders to make the playoffs or contenders to win the 2011 State Title? I think making the playoffs is what people need to worry about, beacuase without that you can't win the title.

Does anyone know if the same process is being used to decide what teams are in the playoffs?

Dover is not a playoff "contenderr" first of all its a bunch of athletes who heard about lacrosse and thought they could be like mikey powell if they watch some youtube videos, they're seasonal lacrosse players and dont touch thier sticks after may. Also most of thier starters just started playing lacrosse in thier high school careers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT