ADVERTISEMENT

Duron Harmon

Chesdel

D1AA Prospect
Oct 3, 2003
ALWAYS READY FOR THE MOMENT

from Boston.com this morning

“Malcolm, go!” will forever be the signature moment for the Patriots’ mantra that players must be ready for their number to be called at any moment. It came when Brian Flores sent Butler onto the field for his fateful interception of Russell Wilson at the end of Super Bowl XLIX, and will live in the annals of New England sports history forever. It also can’t be forgotten that Butler, then an undrafted rookie, was ready to take a prominent role from Kyle Arrington after the veteran corner struggled in the first half of that game against the Seahawks.

Duron Harmon won’t be remembered with quite that legacy. But he nevertheless deserves credit for being ready when his number was called, and for quickly transitioning from big-game bystander to a critical playmaker.

His story begins in the AFC title tilt, at Kansas City. Throughout the regular season, Harmon played nearly 61 percent of the team’s defensive snaps. In three games, including the regular-season finale, he was on the field more than 80 percent of the defensive game. At KC, he was on the field for two snaps.

According to ESPN, Harmon was on the field for one snap in the first half of the Super Bowl. However, when Patrick Chung was injured on the third play of the third quarter, and forced to spend the rest of the game standing on the sideline a la Rodney Harrison with his arm in a sling, Harmon was pressed into duty at safety.

And he elevated to the occasion.

Officially, Harmon didn’t even make the box score. No tackles, no measurable statistics, at least at the statistician’s first assessment. But he was absolutely there, as the final score can attest.

Harmon’s contributions came on back-to-back plays in the fourth quarter, the first coming when he provided deep support to Stephon Gilmore in his coverage of Brandin Cooks. Jared Goff threw what might’ve been his best ball of the day, dropping it into Cooks’s arms from 27 yards out. Gilmore was there, but the throw was so good it would’ve been a touchdown had the receiver held on — except Harmon crashed the party, knocked Cooks down before he could corral the pigskin, and kept the Patriots’ lead at seven.

On the very next play, the Rams tried going back to that well again. This time, though, Harmon wasn’t hanging back. He launched in on a blitz, timing his rush just as the blocker picked up the also-attacking Devin McCourty, and bearing down on Goff quickly. The quarterback saw the threat, and as a result he rushed his throw without fully stepping into it. The result was a floater that hovered for a while before coming down in the hands of Gilmore, who was much nearer to the throw than Cooks, its intended receiver.

The interception gave the Patriots a chance to kill the clock and close the win. They did just that, giving Harmon his third ring.

Reactions: 84rider
I don't follow the Dolphins. Thought that could work but if not Harmon will be in the NFL and maybe with the Patriots. Patrick Chung left the Pats for a year maybe and ended up for a brief time with the Eagles. Chung has been back for a while now.

Good to see that Harmon's role was appreciated by the Boston press. Happy for the young man..

Disappointed on Durons comments about going to the White House but said he would like to meet Obama instead, “that would be dope” geesh.

Reactions: spartakos
As much as I disliked Obama's gutting of the military I would never have disrespected the office he held. Harmon may be a good player but he is also a first class jerk.

As much as I disliked Obama's gutting of the military I would never have disrespected the office he held. Harmon may be a good player but he is also a first class jerk.
Maybe McDonald's isn't part of his diet?
Maybe he doesn't like to hang out with racists?
Or maybe you and Dovetail should keep your own political feelings/views inside your own house. Just a thought.

Reactions: 1stStateRealist
Based on everything I have ever heard out of dove and rider, they are not racists. rider happens to be African-American. Trump? I think he can be a obnoxious SOB but I support a lot of his policies.

If Harmon doesn't want to go to the WH so be it. I hate it when Mrs. Bummy drags me to a place that I don't want to go.

Bummy could go on and on but I will begin to bore even myself....

I know Duron and the family, that’s why I’m disappointed in him, unless you know them why don’t you keep your assbag comments on my views in your house. truth serum my a$$.

I know Duron and the family, that’s why I’m disappointed in him, unless you know them why don’t you keep your assbag comments on my views in your house. truth serum my a$$.
I know him and the family too. His aunt is married to my uncle tough guy.
Now that we've gotten that out of the way, why are you so disappointed in him?

I know him and the family too. His aunt is married to my uncle tough guy.
Now that we've gotten that out of the way, why are you so disappointed in him?

Amazing, I have an Uncle tough guy, too. He is Zio Tipo Tosto….translated means Uncle Tough Guy. He came over from Sicily in the mid 50's. Jesus, he is pushing 90...Tipo Tosto...

oh, i don't know but maybe between the Costa Rica trip or the "They don't want me in the White House" comment or maybe the " it would be dope" comment or even the i'd rather hang out with Snoop & Cardi B comments....Look Duron is very intelligent, good grades at CR and a college degree from Rutgers,Patriots team captain...a lot of positive accolades and all well deserved. Is it bad to expect more tact and diplomacy when you are on the public stage? just asking...by the way that's ex tough guy to you lol

oh, i don't know but maybe between the Costa Rica trip or the "They don't want me in the White House" comment or maybe the " it would be dope" comment or even the i'd rather hang out with Snoop & Cardi B comments....Look Duron is very intelligent, good grades at CR and a college degree from Rutgers,Patriots team captain...a lot of positive accolades and all well deserved. Is it bad to expect more tact and diplomacy when you are on the public stage? just asking...by the way that's ex tough guy to you lol
Oh, so your just in your feelings over a grown man partaking in some weed and his choice of music and who he hangs around with in HIS spare time, huh? Well as long as he stays true to whom he is and not concern himself with your standards I think he will be fine!
And of course continue to put on his FREE football camp in DE.lol

I got in trouble last time I shared political and social views on here, but tact and diplomacy are two things that the current "Commander-in-chief" sorely lacks. If Duron doesn't want to attend, that's his choice. He was asked a question and answered.

Will say it's weird how TMZ always manages to have cameras in random settings for these questions...

Oh, so your just in your feelings over a grown man partaking in some weed and his choice of music and who he hangs around with in HIS spare time, huh? Well as long as he stays true to whom he is and not concern himself with your standards I think he will be fine!
And of course continue to put on his FREE football camp in DE.lol

geesh, if you can't understand that a grown man should not put his career on the line for a little chronic or better yet trying to bring it into a foreign country then you and i will never agree on anything...like i said he has a ton of accolades and FREE football camp is great

rc-racing-boat-props-collection-prop_1_3779f1faebad0d470c0287de604df6bc.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT