ADVERTISEMENT

Elena Delledonne Info

dawrestling

Top 100 Prospect
May 20, 2007
Fallbrook, CA
www.302sports.com
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 6:30:23 PM
Subject: University of Delaware Women¹s Basketball Alumnus Elena Delle Donne Tabbed WNBA Rookie of the Year

SUBJECT: University of Delaware Women's Basketball Alumnus Elena Delle Donne Tabbed WNBA Rookie of the Year

DATE: September 20, 2013

NEW YORK ? Former University of Delaware women's basketball standout and current Chicago Sky forward Elena Delle Donne was named a unanimous selection for the 2013 WNBA Rookie of the Year Award, the league announced today.

"It is an incredible honor to be named Rookie of the Year," remarked Delle Donne. "There is an unbelievable amount of rookie talent in the league this year and I'm proud to be receiving this award. This is something that I could not have achieved without the help and support of my teammates and coaches both on and off the basketball court. I want to thank everyone who has supported me through my rookie season."

The No. 2 pick in April's WNBA Draft, Delle Donne led all rookies in points (18.1 per game), free throw percentage (.929; 157-for-169), three-point field goal percentage (.438; 42-for-96) and minutes (31.4 per game) during the regular season. She ranked second amongst her fellow rookies in rebounds (5.6 per game) and blocks (1.8 per game). Overall, the Wilmington, Del. native led the league in free throw percentage while ranking second in three-point field goal percentage, fourth in scoring and fifth in blocks while sweeping the Rookie of the Month honors.

The first rookie to pick up the most votes in WNBA All-Star balloting, Delle Donne appeared in 30 games for Chicago, scoring in double digits in all but two. She helped the Sky to the best record in the East (24-10) and a franchise-first playoff berth.

Portions of this release courtesy of the WNBA and the Chicago Sky

--- D D D ---

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News