ADVERTISEMENT

Fall Sports

First_state_gridiron

Good all around Player
Aug 22, 2014
Do you think we will have fall HS sports in Delaware this season? I am sensing that we might not. I think the social distancing requirements and the fact that Delaware virus numbers seem to be still climbing does not bode well for the fall.

Thoughts (politics aside)

I think that it depends on whether or not the schools reopen. I believe that if it is deemed safe enough for schools to open, there is no reason not to have sports. The start of preseason practices is still 4 months away, so I'm not too concerned yet. I also think that the NFL will play, even if they start with empty stadiums or limited fan access. I am most concerned about the colleges. The NFL can act as a unit, and so can DIAA. Colleges are not as uniform; if individual schools start deciding to not have students on their campuses long before such a decision is necessary, that could be trouble. Obviously, you can't field teams if there are no students present, and if some schools open and others do not, that would make things dicey. If we are still in this lock down in the fall, lack of HS sports will be the least of our problems! I am still quite hopeful that we will NOT be! There is still too much time left to make any decisions just yet, at least in my opinion. Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT