ADVERTISEMENT

Fanoffootball123 Week 7 Pics

fanoffootball123

Recruited by College
May 10, 2007
Tatnall (3-3) at Charter (6-0)

Charter is off to their best start ever but they haven’t really been tested yet. The Force are led on offense by QB Roman Paoli and versatile WR/RB/KR Tenye Martin. Tatnall has won 3 straight games since starting the season 0-3 with losses against Archmere, Friends and St. Elizabeth. Tatnall should test Charter and this game could come down to who has the ball last but I’ll take the Force in a close one. A Charter win means a showdown next week at St. Elizabeth.

Charter 28 Tatnall 26

Friends (6-0) at Howard (6-0)

Game of the week and maybe the game of the year. Both these teams have had impressive seasons so far and are very well coached. Howard is a physical team and has dominated their opponents on the line of scrimmage. These teams feature great QB play with Matthews (Howard) and Tattersall (Friends). Friends won 35-0 last season when these two teams played in the regular season. Expect a much closer game this year that could go either way.

Friends 21 Howard 20

Sussex Central (5-1) at Cape Henlopen (4-2)

Huge game for Cape as they are battling for one of the last playoff spots in 3A. Cape is one of the top scoring teams in the state averaging 33 points per game and scoring more than 40 points in 4 games. Sussex Central at times has been dominant on defense. They have shutout victories over Salesianum (7-0) and Dover (21-0). I think Cape will get some points but Central's edge on defense and solid run game should be just enough to win this one.

Sussex Central 28 Cape Henlopen 21

St. Mark’s (6-1) at DMA (3-2)

St. Mark’s is probably the better team and DMA has had a rough season, on and off the field, but I’ve got a gut feeling about this one. DMA needs a signature win and their going to get it on their homecoming.

DMA 24 St. Mark’s 20

Smyrna (5-1) at Dover (5-2)

Up until last week I was all set to pick Dover in this game and then Dover got dominated at Sussex Central 21-0 last week. Right now Smyrna might be the best team in the state and although I expect Dover to be much better this week than last I can’t pick against Smyrna. The Smyrna defense will make enough stops to win this one. Smyrna makes it 5 wins a row and gets ready for Sallies.

Smyrna 22 Dover 14

Middletown (3-3) at St. Georges (2-4)

Middletown is still a top team in 3A but they’ve got a lot to improve on after losing to Salesianum last week. They’ll fix things against St. Georges and then get ready for their trip to Florida to face IMG.

Middletown 30 St. Georges 14

Salesianum (5-1) at William Penn (2-4)

Sallies has emerged as a real threat in 3A after their upset win at Middletown. The Sals seem to be getting much better on offense and combining that with a very good defense and special teams unit makes Salesianum a very dangerous team. Look for the Salesainum momentum to continue this weekend as they should have little problem with old rival William Penn. Salesianum has won 4 in a row vs. William Penn by an average of 26 points with the Colonials last win coming in 2016 vs. Sallies (21-14). Smryna up next for the Sals.

Salesianum 34 William Penn 7

Last week: 3-2

Season: 33-10

Best Pick last week: St. Mark’s 44 Concord 8 (St. Mark’s won 35-3)

Worst pick last week: Dover 31 SC 20 (SC won 21-0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT