ADVERTISEMENT

FNL Scores Week 8

FNL Week 8 Finals

4:30 Howard 40 @ Tower Hill 6
5pm Poly 40 @ ECS 0 (homecoming) ⏲️
6pm Friends 42 @ Brandywine 9 (homecoming)
6pm FSMA 0 @ IR 38 ⏲️
7pm Middletown 0 @ IMG 58 ⏲️
7pm Seaford 12 @ Laurel 40
7pm Tech 35 @ Milford 46 (homecoming)
7pm Delcastle 6 @ St Marks 42 ⏲️
7pm Sallies 21 @ Smyrna 42 (homecoming)
7:15 Appo 21 @ Cape 14
7:30 Caravel 24 @ Delmar 14
7:30 Woodbridge 14 @ Lake 58 ⏲️
7:30 Odessa 14 @ Red Lion 56 (homecoming) ⏲️
7:30 Charter 10 @ St Elizabeth 48 (homecoming) ⏲️

I saw on the tweeters folks saying IMG was classless running it up on MT. Y'all need to realize when playing these recruited up National teams chasing rankings they don't operate like high school teams. They emulate college programs and they will score as much as they can. It's all about impressing the pollsters. Also IMG had their 2nd and 3rd stringers in and those players want some highlights on film as well. You should know this going in when you schedule them and teams of their ilk. I personally thought IMG was pretty cool about it. They weren't doing a lot of showing off and didn't look like they were chirping a bunch. Looked like they were just handling their business and moving on. They definitely didn't look like they were trying to hurt anyone or playing dirty in any way. No cheap shots that I saw. There were also several times when they really could have lit Troyer up and they took him down rather safely. . JMHO

Last edited:
Reactions: MTownCavs09
My question is what was the point of scheduling the game at all. Surely, the weather in DeSantis land is nicer this time of the year but why go 1500 miles to get your collective axx's kicked. Every coach likes to see how their team will fare in a stern test but this was like a truck hitting a sports car.

My question is what was the point of scheduling the game at all. Surely, the weather in DeSantis land is nicer this time of the year but why go 1500 miles to get your collective axx's kicked. Every coach likes to see how their team will fare in a stern test but this was like a truck hitting a sports car.
Scheduling these teams help in recruiting kids to your program. Play on the National stage, get noticed blah blah blah You think Troyer or the Sr xfer from Radnor, PA would have chosen to go to Middletown Delaware (of all places) if they weren't scheduled to play the likes of IMG, St Johns and Massillon? nope.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
If MT couldn't handle 3rd teamers, why did they go in the first place? Oh, that's right, great recruiting pitch: "hey all DE players, SE PA and anywhere from MD, you can go on a trip to FL during the school year and see what real recruiting looks like. Here at MT, we can only stick to three states". Hey by the way, did coombs or green play, or are they still the back-up singer's back-up singers?

If MT couldn't handle 3rd teamers, why did they go in the first place? Oh, that's right, great recruiting pitch: "hey all DE players, SE PA and anywhere from MD, you can go on a trip to FL during the school year and see what real recruiting looks like. Here at MT, we can only stick to three states". Hey by the way, did coombs or green play, or are they still the back-up singer's back-up singers?
seriously? Coombes and Green are on the Post Grad team..

I believe Coombs and Green are on the postgraduate team at IMG which only plays other prep teams. That team didn't play MT yesterday.

On this note Kracyla found a way to make a few plays out there and seemed to get the attention of the announcers a little bit. You definitely heard his name more than anyone else. His stock might bump up a bit. Underrated player and probably MT's best overall player IMHO

I agree with most points you guys make! They could’ve atleast played their regular varsity team and even that would be a uphill battle! They going high and low looking for games and I firmly believe they can find closer games. With more in their class skill wise! With the recent change in our playoff system in Delaware these trips are unnecessary, could play the few teams in state that want to play them.

I agree with most points you guys make! They could’ve atleast played their regular varsity team and even that would be a uphill battle! They going high and low looking for games and I firmly believe they can find closer games. With more in their class skill wise! With the recent change in our playoff system in Delaware these trips are unnecessary, could play the few teams in state that want to play them.
just as a FYI.. IMG White doesn't play out of state teams. They have their league and in state games. also as an FYI this isn't the first time MT has played IMG National. They went down there and got beat up by them in 2019

On this note Kracyla found a way to make a few plays out there and seemed to get the attention of the announcers a little bit. You definitely heard his name more than anyone else. His stock might bump up a bit. Underrated player and probably MT's best overall player IMHO
Good lacrosse player too

Reactions: BackinBlack86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT