ADVERTISEMENT

GAMES FRI & SAT MAY 2 &3

oldskool42

In the weight room getting big
Apr 30, 2012
A ton of interesting games for Friday and Saturday.

Friday
#20 Charter (6-3) @ #18 Concord (6-4). Both teams trying to right the ship midway through the season. Big Flight A game. Charter has lost 2 straight to A.I. and Poly, both by double digits. Concord is led by 3-0 Harris on the mound and McHugh and Carney at the plate.

#22 DMA (7-4) @ #15 Mtown (6-5). DMA after losing 4 of 5, have won 2 straight games and hope with a win to get back into the top 20. DMA leads the state with 9 Dingers, led by Hill who is tied for the lead in the state with 4. Mtown who had lost 3 of 4 games, got back in the win column. Mtown is led by sophomore Colin Peluse who is 4-2.

#25 Tower HIll (9-3) @ #13 Sallies (5-4). Tower HIll brings in a 3 game winning streak behind the pitching of Harris (5-0) and Smith (3-1). Sallies is better than their record, as they have lost three games by a total of four runs. A walkoff loss to Caravel, a 1 run loss to St Marks and a 5-3 loss to cape where they gave up 5 in the first inning, then shut cape down. Sallies has beaten Tower HIll six straight years and have outscored TH 62-9 including shutouts the last two years.

#6 Smyrna (9-2) @ #8 CR (9-3). Should be the game of the day. Smyrna comes in with a 4 game winning streak. Their only 2 losses have come against Dover and Central. Smyrna is led by 4-0 Shawn Dulin, but he just threw on Tuesday.CR has won 3 straight over Concord, Archmere and Delmar. CR has some heartbreak losses. Tech beat CR by 1, St Mark beat CR by 1 and Central came back with 5 runs to beat CR. On the mound CR is led by Dill (3-1) and Rivera (3-0). CR has won five straight games over Smyrna.

#14 St Georges (7-4) @ #12 Cape (7-5). St Georges coming off a walkoff loss to Milford. St G also lost to A.I. by 2 and Mt P by 1. Cape also lost its last game to Milford (maybe jet lag from their trip home from Hawaii).

#16 Polytech (6-2) @ #4 Dover (8-2). Polytech has won five straight games. Both their losses were in extra innings to Arch and CR. Poly is lead by U.D commit Connor Chasanov who is 3-0 on the mound and leads their team in hitting including a grand slam in their last game. Dover who started 8-0, has lost their last two games to Appo and St Marks. Dover was an offensive power house scoring almost 10 runs per game, but in the last two games they only got 3 hits each game. Cape has been riding high against the Henlopen conferences recording 7 wins with the closest game being 5-0 over Smyrna. Dover is led by Spadafino and Cullen who are both 3-1 on the season. The last two meetings between these two teams has been decided by 1 run with Poly winning last year, Dover winning a 12-11 shootout the year before.

#7 Sussex Tech (8-3) @ #19 Lake Forest (5-5). Tech has won four of its last 5. Tech is led by Derek Magee who has hit 4 bombs this year, hitting 2 in two different games. Lake at 5-5 is in danger of falling out of the top 20 with a loss.

#11 Delmar (7-5) @ Parkside, MD (15-2) at Shorebird Stadium. Delmar after starting 5-0 has lost 5 of its last seven games including 2 straight 10 run losses. Parkside is already 2-0 against Delaware teams with wins over IR and Central.

Saturday
Conwell Egan (4-7) @ #3 Caravel (7-2). Caravel is keeping a low profile this year as it bounces in and out of the state. Caravel has wins over Hodgson, Cape, Charter and Sallies, with its only in state loss to St Marks. Caravel has only played one game in 12 days.

#23 Mt Pleasant (8-2) @ #22 DMA (7-4) at Frawley. Mt P got noticed by starting out 6-0 including a big comeback win against St Georges. But with two huge losses to A.I 9-0 and Newark 13-2, everyone started question this team. Now with two wins over the weaker Bwine and Delcastle we still aren't sure about Mt P. DMA after losing 4 of 5, have won 2 straight games and hope with a win to get back into the top 20. DMA leads the state with 9 Dingers, led by Hill who is tied for the lead in the state with 4. These two teams split a pair of games last year.

#9 Archmere (9-2) @ #10 Hodgson (7-4). Archmere has won 5 of its last 6. Archmere is 4-2 against ranked teams. Archmere is led on the mound with Deely, Voge and Gentile. Hodgson has lost 2 straight games to Caravel and Concord and just 1-4 against ranked opponents. Hodgson is led by 4-1 Walter and 3-2 Sayers.

#2 St Marks (10-1) @ #6 Smyrna (9-2). St Marks is coming off an upset loss to A.I. where it lost its number one ranking. Now St Marks takes on a very worthy opponent in Smyrna. St Marks is led by Phillips (5-0) and Spagnolo (4-0) on the mound. Disabatino leads the league in long balls, with 4. Smyrna has won 4 straight but hasn't been tested outscoring those opponents 52-15. Their only 2 losses have come against Dover and Central. Smyrna is led by 4-0 Shawn Dulin, but he just threw on Tuesday. St Marks is 8-1 in the past two years against Henlopen teams.

#1 A.I. Dupont (9-1) @ #13 Sallies (5-4). A.I. DuPont has won 9 straight games including a big win over previous # St Marks. A.I. has become #1, not without a little controversy, as they slayed a private school champion. A.I. has already slayed 3 private schools. Now A.I. continues its private school march as it takes on #13 Sallies. On the mound A.I. is led by Kasey (4-0) and PiJuan (4-1). At the plate they are led by Hidalgo who has 3 dingers.

The Cape team travelled to Hawaii for a series of games over spring break. Classes in the morning, games in the afternoon. That was the deal.

Originally posted by Lazertron:
The Cape team travelled to Hawaii for a series of games over spring break. Classes in the morning, games in the afternoon. That was the deal.
Holy crap!! What an awesome experience for those kids.

Nice work on your summary Oldskool42. I'm wondering how the rainouts this week will effect games today and tomorrow. A few of these schools are playing back to back games. Smyrna, Sallies, DMA, and Charter play Friday and Saturday. How will their pitching line up?

Add St Marks to that back to back list. St Marks and Sallies play 4 games in 6 days. Last game is against each other at Frawley next Wednesday night.

Hvt drops another tight game , losing 3-2 to archmere , Deely goes the distance for archmere , Sayers threw 5 and Walters 2 for Hodgson .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT