ADVERTISEMENT

Games Today - May 13, 2014

oldskool42

In the weight room getting big
Apr 30, 2012
Interesting Games Today.

#18 Concord (8-5) @ #14 St Georges (11-5). Concord is on the outside looking in right now for the playoffs. They need to win 4 of their last five to get up over 50 pts to get that last spot. They have St G, Appo, Wilm Chr, WmP and Brandywine, so its a good possibility. A win over St G and they could be on their way to running the table and getting for sure (possibly even knocking out St Georges who might be the last team in right now. St Georges famously lost their last three games last season (including a loss to Pencader), essentially knocking themselves out of the playoffs with a 13-5 record. This year, St Georges has won three straight and came up with the big win over Sallies yesterday.

#4 Dover (11-3) @ #19 Lake Forest (9-6). I believe Lake wins the South with a win today or a Delmar loss. Dover should be in the playoffs with a high seed as long as they don't lose out the rest of the season. Dover started 8-0 but is just 3-3 since then. Dover has beaten Lake for many years including a 10 run shutout last year.

#11 Polytech (10-4) @ #5 Sussex Tech (12-4). Both teams look poised to get into the playoffs. Tech should get a home game while Poly pretty much has its destiny in its own hands. Poly has Mtwon, Central & DMA remaining after this game and probably just needs to win two of the four to get in. Very doable. Poly is on a 3 game winning streak while Tech just had its six game winning streak snapped by St Marks over the weekend. Tech has beaten Poly the past two years in close games.

Other Games of Interest

Mtown @ Newark. At 10-7 Newark has had a complete turn around after going 5-13 last season. Newark is a real long shot to make the playoffs but it the slim possibility can only happen if they win this game. Mtown has had an interesting season. They win against A.I.and Hodgson early, but lose to Penn, Appo and crushed by a struggling Charter team recently. Mtown would have to win out against Newark, Poly & Conrad to have a slight chance.

#10 Sallies (9-6) @ St E (7-9). Sallies ws on a hot streak winning 5 straight including wins over St Marks and A.I. Now they have lost 2 straight games. Sallies has St E, Sanford and IR to finish the season so they should get into the playoffs and if they win out could get a home game. ST E if they win their final two games could be sitting there on the bubble with a shot at getting into the playoffs. Sallies beat St E 1-0 earlier in the season where both pitchers only gave up 3 total hits all game.

#9 Smyrna (12-4) @ Cape (7-9). Cape has two win this game and against St Marks to have their slim shot at getting in the playoffs. Cape has lost 5 straight games since returning from playing in Hawaii. Coincidence?? I haven't seen this much Hawaiian bad luck since the Brady Bunch visited in the 70's (inside joke for us 40 something crowd). Smyrna is having a goo d season and is looking to finish strong and get a high seed in the tourney.

Wood @ #15 Delmar (10-7). This is Delmar's last game. Delmar needs a win here and for Lake to lose to both Dover and Wood to claim the Henlopen South. Otherwise Delmar could miss the playoffs by a couple of bonus points. Delmar started the season 5-0, but has gone 5-7 since then. If Wood beats Delmar and Lake, it couldn't win the Henlopen south title i do believe.

Charter 7-6 @ DMA 9-6. Both teams trying to salvage their seasons. Both have a slim shot at the playoffs if they can win the majority of their remaining games.

Appo 7-8 @ #3 Caravel (11-2). Appo has been playing very well the second half of the season. After a 1-6 start, then have gone 6-2 beating the likes of Mtown, Dover and losing close games to St Marks and A.I. Five of Appo's 8 losses are by 2 runs or less. Rumor has it that Silvestri is back from injury and pitching against Caravel. Silvestri threw a gem last year upsetting Caravel by 1 run. Caravel has won 6 straight games since losing to St Marks.

Newark's turnaround has in part due to dropping St Marks, Sallies and St Es from the schedule.

Caravel had a DH on the schedule with Episcopal last Saturday. No score reported for second game. Did they play?

DMA was up 6-2 after five innings when I left. Brittingham on mound for DMA. Ruggerio hit a HR for DMA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT