ADVERTISEMENT

Here we go..

BackinBlack86

Top 100 Prospect
Oct 5, 2018
Just heard Appo school district closing schools going to all virtual.. also one other DE district wasn't sure if Christiana, Brandywine or Red Clay (from the teacher hotline, lol)

My wife is a teacher in Cecil County she just got a call that they just shut everything down until Dec. 3rd. Teachers can't even go back to the schools to get their stuff until after Nov 23rd.. How the hell they even going to do virtual learning without their lessons and stuff?.. This is crazy.. SMH

Last edited:
I believe Wm Penn has been virtual all year. The Colonial School District just announced the rest of the schools in the district will be going all virtual for the next 2 weeks. I am not giving up hope on the DE HS FB season yet but man it could get hairy.

Remember at this point, this is a local district decision. There is a statistical point at which the Delaware Department of Public Health will instruct all districts just to go virtual. Hope we don't get to that point.

Can Colonial and Appo kids still play sports?
No reason not to. Brandywine has not been f2f all year and the 3 high school are playing. Heard DMA shut down their Volleyball season b/c they weren't being safe enough. Jeremy could just be getting them out of the way so Basketball can start early.....

Just talked with my brother in law who works in Appo School District, he hasn’t heard they were shutting down. He said there have been talks of course. Unless he hasn’t gotten the memo yet? Ahah

Just talked with my brother in law who works in Appo School District, he hasn’t heard they were shutting down. He said there have been talks of course. Unless he hasn’t gotten the memo yet? Ahah

Like I said heard it through the teacher grapevine aka.. the wife lol.. Not always 100% accurate but there are teachers in CC who live in Middletown..So who knows

Yeah, spoke to a friend of mine who teaches for Middletown. As of late last night, nothing has changed. Colonial is the only one so far doing strictly virtual, but it does not affect extracurricular activities.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
No reason not to. Brandywine has not been f2f all year and the 3 high school are playing. Heard DMA shut down their Volleyball season b/c they weren't being safe enough. Jeremy could just be getting them out of the way so Basketball can start early.....
DMA volleyball is not shut down. In fact, they played Saturday. They did stop field hockey for 2 weeks earlier this season. Volleyball has been one of the sports least affected by this. There have been several football, field hockey and soccer teams hit by the rona, but not the indoor sport.

For the record, the Christina District has been virtual since day 1, but recently they have started a phased move towards a hybrid model. This process started with the elementary grades, and would eventually include the high schools, but hasn't really gotten to them yet. Bottom line-The Christina high schools have been doing all on-line instruction throughout the entire fall sports season so far, and their teams have been playing, so schools ending "in person" learning should not necessarily mean that sports will stop as a result. Be encouraged!

There is another reason to be encouraged that sports can continue, whatever happens in the classrooms, that SHOULD influence the decision makers. From what I have seen, in ALL sports that have been playing (pro, college and high school) covid outbreaks have not been caused by activities directly related to actually practicing, or to playing the games themselves.

There is another reason to be encouraged that sports can continue, whatever happens in the classrooms, that SHOULD influence the decision makers. From what I have seen, in ALL sports that have been playing (pro, college and high school) covid outbreaks have not been caused by activities directly related to actually practicing, or to playing the games themselves.

This article kind of proves that point. The problems are eating, meeting and greeting.
No Evidence of In Play Spread

Reactions: Huskerman7
Interesting read in Delaware online..:Sallies grand opening was allowed to have over 1,000 at the game...

seems like quite a lot of people Are upset that they got special treatment where as everyone else in the state has to follow the 250 spectator limit, JUST because Carney and Coons was in attendance

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskerman7
Interesting read in Delaware online..:Sallies grand opening was allowed to have over 1,000 at the game...

seems like quite a lot of people Are upset that they got special treatment where as everyone else in the state has to follow the 250 spectator limit, JUST because Carney and Coons was in attendance
There was no special treatment. Salesianum submitted a plan to the Division of Public Health to have that many people in attendance. Any school that wants to exceed the 250-person limit is free to submit a plan that addresses things like distancing, contact tracing, cleaning and disinfecting, etc.

It's a lot of work, which is one reason the other schools have just decided to allow parents, or no one at all. It's easy and lazy to rip Sallies here for something that is allowed for anyone, but anyone who does their homework would know that everything was above board.

What are you saying DoltWrite.. The public is ill-informed? do tell... lol the same public that just reads the headlines and then the comments of those whom also just read the headline ignoring the article as well .. those folks?

Last edited:
Reactions: DoItWrite
I have to agree with DoItWrite. The Big S did not get special treatment. If Middletown were planning such an event for 2 years and done the work, they could have gotten this kind of thing done. It was a dedication of a multimillion dollar public facility that in today’s dollars cost 6 times more than Frawley Stadium.

It was a celebration of one man’s payback to a school he attended and a city where he grew up. HS, I don’t understand the man’s immense charity. (I would have used that money to give every poor kid in the state an accordion.)

Now, to loosely paraphrase my son in law - “we need a team worthy of this facility and maybe it is Howard.” I swear he said that.

(that was an interesting comment. If we could have gotten that Howard-Sallies Thanksgiving game it would have been for the prestigious Bummy’s City Title. No such luck in this year of COVID.)

In closing, will Hodgson put a 50 burger on the Big S? Where has the Broom Street resilience gone?

Last edited:
50-Burger-logo.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT