ADVERTISEMENT

Hodgson over Middletown

Mtown didn’t have a first down in the second half. Hvt left plays on the field today. Sorry but after watching that i can’t see how people say mtown the best in the state .

Sloppy conditions for both teams, several missed opportunities for both teams, below average QB play for both teams. The difference is coach Blum continues to come up small in big spots. I did not recognize that Middletown offense today. How many delay of games did they commit? How many bad play calls on critical 3rd and longs? Fry needs a way better performance as a senior QB in that game. But Blum just doesn’t help his team more than he hurts them when it matters most. He continues to look like a deer in headlights in big spots. I have a feeling these 2 teams will meet again.

Reactions: FootballguyDE
wasn't sloppy but cold and high winds,, cold enough for me to cancel the double dip.. Did meet HS cool dude and gracious in defeat.. Just looking at the teams line up HVT looked better but neither team could do much,,Defensive battle. Thought MT was a bit too conservative.. Wind was an issue but Fry has a strong arm should have taken more shots down field in my opinion HVT turned the tables last drive when they realized MT was stacking the box and shooting a and b gaps. SO they just let the QB keep it and run to space.. It worked

wasn't sloppy but cold and high winds,, cold enough for me to cancel the double dip.. Did meet HS cool dude and gracious in defeat.. Just looking at the teams line up HVT looked better but neither team could do much,,Defensive battle. Thought MT was a bit too conservative.. Wind was an issue but Fry has a strong arm should have taken more shots down field in my opinion HVT turned the tables last drive when they realized MT was stacking the box and shooting a and b gaps. SO they just let the QB keep it and run to space.. It worked
I agree with everything except the field conditions. The footing was atrocious for everyone.

The difference maker
s-l1000.jpg

Sometimes you have to use pump pliers to get the old ones out, they worked good against Mount Union (until they put Cecil Shorts in at Wildcat).

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
I had the opportunity to see two Delaware High School Football games today. The first was Middletown/Hodgson, the second Friends/Tower Hill. My motivation for attending each of these competitions were completely different. I went to Hodgson/ Middletown to see an epic football game. I hustled up to the Friends/Tower Hill game in search off a hot rich MILF. Unfortunately, I failed in accomplishing either of my goals. The most astonishing discovery is that either of the two Quarterbacks from Tower Hill or Wilmington Friends, can easily play the Quarterback position at Hodgson or Middletown.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
It was 14-7. There was not much difference between Hodgson and Middletown. Hodgson executed on better playcalling. But when it comes to the team, and the athletes, its evenly matched. Play that game 10 times it goes 5-5

Reactions: BackinBlack86
It was 14-7. There was not much difference between Hodgson and Middletown. Hodgson executed on better playcalling. But when it comes to the team, and the athletes, its evenly matched. Play that game 10 times it goes 5-5
You’re clairvoyance exceeds me. Please provide some stock tips!

after having to google what clAirevoyance means.....and because I'm too preoccupied to get into a heated argument about MY opinion, I'll say have a good night. And cheers!

Reactions: DevilDog9962
Middletown today & Delmar last night. I wouldn’t be to quick to judge these guys,it’s hard to go undefeated but losing a tough game at the end of season to another playoff caliber team can be a good thing. Good teams don’t like the taste of defeat. Remember these are young student athletes and sometimes when you’re good,you forget that just showing up isn’t enough. I have a feeling that both of teams will learn from those loses and come back hungry and a little more focused.

Domination? What did Hodgson dominate in? Except zero sales in hot chocolate. Hodgson looked just as sloppy today as Middletown did. Their last touchdown drive late was lucky and got them the game. Hodgson did NOT and I repeat DID NOT dominate anything today. Maybe penalty yards.

Domination? What did Hodgson dominate in? Except zero sales in hot chocolate. Hodgson looked just as sloppy today as Middletown did. Their last touchdown drive late was lucky and got them the game. Hodgson did NOT and I repeat DID NOT dominate anything today. Maybe penalty yards.

You’re kidding right ? Did you watch the football game?. Who was the better team? It was very very obvious . Hvt dropped 2 balls for TDS. Henry outplayed Fry. Hvt OL and DL outplayed mtown. And if you didn’t see that, then you don’t know football.

Shoulda coulda woulda dropped balls don't mean shit except for dropped balls boy. You won by a touchdown. That's it. You aren't that much better than Middletown.

Shoulda coulda woulda dropped balls don't mean shit except for dropped balls boy. You won by a touchdown. That's it. You aren't that much better than Middletown.

And you’re right . No Monday morning QB here. Just an observer of the game. And i observed a hvt Defensed that DOMINATED a football game, and only got scored on bc of a soft pass interference call. And if you do not agree, then you didn’t watch the whole game. Earn your respect HVT.

I agree about the drop balls . That’s not being outplayed that’s just not making plays . One thing I noticed was how MT at times was really outplayed on the LOS. The Cavs had a hard time protecting Fry. You don’t see that often. Both defenses are very good.

Very evenly matched game though evident by the score .

Reactions: prepfootballstars
I agree with FanOfFootball here. Fry had no time. Hodgson CONTROLLED the line of scrimmage. But I did not see any team that "dominated" a thing. Too evenly matched. And I'll end it like that. And I would like to see a game between these two when the wind wasn't playing a factor for both.

Reactions: prepfootballstars
I agree about the drop balls . That’s not being outplayed that’s just not making plays . One thing I noticed was how MT at times was really outplayed on the LOS. The Cavs had a hard time protecting Fry. You don’t see that often. Both defenses are very good.

Very evenly matched game though evident by the score .

LOS was dominated all day by HVT and that was obvious . People are so shocked to see mtown be outplayed . Call it what it was

I agree with FanOfFootball here. Fry had no time. Hodgson CONTROLLED the line of scrimmage. But I did not see any team that "dominated" a thing. Too evenly matched. And I'll end it like that. And I would like to see a game between these two when the wind wasn't playing a factor for both.

State championship game ! Should be, and we deserved to see both both teams.

Last edited:
Now that I agree with Randomguy. I've said all year, Hodgson and Middletown are two best teams in D1. Would like to see A rematch at UD. And at that point may the best team win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT