4. Howard (4-0)
5. Friends (2-2)
6. Archmere (4-0)
7. Caravel (3-1)
8. Delmar (3-1)
9. DMA (3-1)
10. A.I. Dupont (3-1)

HS PLAYOFF POINTS
HOW IT WORKS: 6 pts for a D1 win, 4 pts for D2 win, 1 pt for a D1 loss, 0 pts for a D2 loss Division 1/Division 2 classification cutoff – 1045 Students

OOS – Pitman (447), St. Marys, (338), Morrisville (228), Parkside (D1/1157), Rock Ridge (1200+), Sidwell (D2/pK-12/1142), Queen Annes (1133), Easton (1205)

Tower Hill – 20
Howard – 18
Woodbridge – 18
Lake Forest - 18
Archmere - 18
Delmar – 17
Caravel - 16
DMA – 15
St. Marks - 14
A.I. Dupont – 12
Brandywine – 10
Red Lion - 8
Glasgow – 8
Mckean – 8
Indian River - 6
Newark – 5
St. Elizabeths – 4
Tatnall - 4
Conrad - 4
Christiana - 4
Laurel – 4
Seaford - 0
Dickinson - 0

IF PLAYOFFS STARTED TODAY:
1. Tower Hill vs. DMA
2. Woodbridge vs. 7. Caravel
3. Howard vs. 6. Delmar
4. Lake Forest vs. 5. Archmere

KEY GAMES TO SEE THIS WEEKEND:
Woodbridge vs. Archmere
Theres no sugar coating this game. The emotions will be running high throughout the state with the heart of it coming from Bridgeville. FightLikeTroy, a mantra that goes back to earlier this year with star QB Troy Haynes fighting is battle with cancer. Unfortunately, this past weekend in Houston, TX, Troy lost his battle and the players on this team will not only be playing for themselves, but for their teammate too. Actually, im going to change that sentence, Troy didn’t lose his fight, he fought harder and longer than anyone else could have. The doctors told him he probably wasn’t going to live as long as he did, and guess what Troy did, he lived to his birthday, he WALKED his graduation ceremony (something they said he shouldn’t do) and he proved that no matter what lifes hardships come your way, the only thing to do is overcome them, and live the best way you can, as strong as you can. RIP TROY! You will be missed, and this entire sports community, not just in Delaware, but other states will be celebrating your life this weekend, not just your accomplishments, but the joys and laughter you brought everyone you came in contact with. As difficult as it is to move to just a silly football game, there will be one this weekend, and the Raiders will kick it into another gear. Archmere has been stellar so far this season, its just unfortunate they have to play Woodbridge on this weekend of all times.
HS PICK: Woodbridge 28 Archmere 14

Delmar vs. Friends
A game we all stated earlier in the year we wanted to see, so Thank you to whomever caved and gave us our wish. Delmar has stockpiling their playoff points, while Friends is coming off a two game losing streak. If Friends wish to still qualify, they will have to defeat the Wildcats at home which is no easy task given that the stadium, the fan base, the community is something you see in states such as Texas. It’s a tough place to play for sure, but Wyatt Nelson is one of the better quarterbacks this state has seen and he wont go down without a fight.
HS PICK: Delmar 27 Friends 24

DIVISION 2
1. Woodbridge (4-0)
2. Tower Hill (4-0)
3. Lake Forest (4-0)
4. Howard (4-0)
5. Friends (2-2)
6. Archmere (4-0)
7. Caravel (3-1)
8. Delmar (3-1)
9. DMA (3-1)
10. A.I. Dupont (3-1)

HS PLAYOFF POINTS
HOW IT WORKS: 6 pts for a D1 win, 4 pts for D2 win, 1 pt for a D1 loss, 0 pts for a D2 loss Division 1/Division 2 classification cutoff – 1045 Students

OOS – Pitman (447), St. Marys, (338), Morrisville (228), Parkside (D1/1157), Rock Ridge (1200+), Sidwell (D2/pK-12/1142), Queen Annes (1133), Easton (1205)

Tower Hill – 20
Howard – 18
Woodbridge – 18
Lake Forest - 18
Archmere - 18
Delmar – 17
Caravel - 16
DMA – 15
St. Marks - 14
A.I. Dupont – 12
Brandywine – 10
Red Lion - 8
Glasgow – 8
Mckean – 8
Indian River - 6
Newark – 5
St. Elizabeths – 4
Tatnall - 4
Conrad - 4
Christiana - 4
Laurel – 4
Seaford - 0
Dickinson - 0

IF PLAYOFFS STARTED TODAY:
1. Tower Hill vs. DMA
2. Woodbridge vs. 7. Caravel
3. Howard vs. 6. Delmar
4. Lake Forest vs. 5. Archmere

KEY GAMES TO SEE THIS WEEKEND:
Woodbridge vs. Archmere
Theres no sugar coating this game. The emotions will be running high throughout the state with the heart of it coming from Bridgeville. FightLikeTroy, a mantra that goes back to earlier this year with star QB Troy Haynes fighting is battle with cancer. Unfortunately, this past weekend in Houston, TX, Troy lost his battle and the players on this team will not only be playing for themselves, but for their teammate too. Actually, im going to change that sentence, Troy didn’t lose his fight, he fought harder and longer than anyone else could have. The doctors told him he probably wasn’t going to live as long as he did, and guess what Troy did, he lived to his birthday, he WALKED his graduation ceremony (something they said he shouldn’t do) and he proved that no matter what lifes hardships come your way, the only thing to do is overcome them, and live the best way you can, as strong as you can. RIP TROY! You will be missed, and this entire sports community, not just in Delaware, but other states will be celebrating your life this weekend, not just your accomplishments, but the joys and laughter you brought everyone you came in contact with. As difficult as it is to move to just a silly football game, there will be one this weekend, and the Raiders will kick it into another gear. Archmere has been stellar so far this season, its just unfortunate they have to play Woodbridge on this weekend of all times.
HS PICK: Woodbridge 28 Archmere 14

Delmar vs. Friends
A game we all stated earlier in the year we wanted to see, so Thank you to whomever caved and gave us our wish. Delmar has stockpiling their playoff points, while Friends is coming off a two game losing streak. If Friends wish to still qualify, they will have to defeat the Wildcats at home which is no easy task given that the stadium, the fan base, the community is something you see in states such as Texas. It’s a tough place to play for sure, but Wyatt Nelson is one of the better quarterbacks this state has seen and he wont go down without a fight.
HS PICK: Delmar 27 Friends 24

Your table doesn't have a playoff point total for Friends...

BTW / NPOA !!!

I don't think Tower Hill belongs in the top 10. Any of the other teams on the list would be 4 and 0 if they had played Tower Hill's schedule. But if Tower Hill had played the schedule of any other team on the list, they would probably be 2 and 2 at best.

But I'm sure Tower Hill will make the playoffs again this year and then immediately lose in the first round again.

Your table doesn't have a playoff point total for Friends...

BTW / NPOA !!!

I did miss them. When I get home from my cornhole tournament I’ll update it. I don’t have. The numbers in front of me. Unless someone wants to do me a favor and post it for me.

And I’m sorry, but what does NPOA mean?

Well said, HS. It's always a delicate thing, young kids dealing with such a major loss this early in their lives, but that Bridgeville/Greenwood community is as strong as they come and they will rally around this team and the Haynes family. They'll be at their best all season long, guaranteed.

Titanium, I kind of agree. I mean Friends could beat Tower to end the season and still miss the playoffs because of Tower's schedule and that's not fair to Friends or a team like Delmar/Lake/Caravel who would lose a home game.

I don't think Tower Hill belongs in the top 10. Any of the other teams on the list would be 4 and 0 if they had played Tower Hill's schedule. But if Tower Hill had played the schedule of any other team on the list, they would probably be 2 and 2 at best.

But I'm sure Tower Hill will make the playoffs again this year and then immediately lose in the first round again.

Just looked at that schedule and yikes. They play one good team all year in Friends. Nice to see nothing has changed with their schedule the past 5+ years. Glad Friends had the balls to schedule 3 of the Henlopen South teams. I do think they belong in the top 10 but definitely not top 5 with that schedule.

I do think they belong in the top 10 but definitely not top 5 with that schedule.

1. Woodbridge (4-0)
2. Tower Hill (4-0)
3. Lake Forest (4-0)
4. Howard (4-0)
5. Friends (2-2)
6. Archmere (4-0)
7. Caravel (3-1)
8. Delmar (3-1)
9. DMA (3-1)
10. A.I. Dupont (3-1)

I think an argument can be made for all the teams on that list other than Tower Hill, although I would reorder them somewhat myself.

But there isn't one team on that list where I would say Tower Hill has a better than even chance of beating them instead than of losing to them. And that's what rankings are supposed to represent. A higher ranked team is more likely (note, not guaranteed) to beat a lower ranked team than to lose to them.

I did miss them. When I get home from my cornhole tournament I’ll update it. I don’t have. The numbers in front of me. Unless someone wants to do me a favor and post it for me.

And I’m sorry, but what does NPOA mean?
nice piece of analysis... I know that the phrase ( and I thought the abbreviation ) have both been used in the threads before.
Thanks -

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
Just looked at that schedule and yikes. They play one good team all year in Friends. Nice to see nothing has changed with their schedule the past 5+ years. Glad Friends had the balls to schedule 3 of the Henlopen South teams. I do think they belong in the top 10 but definitely not top 5 with that schedule.
Friends had a regular season game against Lake this year & the last 2 years and the WB v Friends regular season game goes back 9 years - so Delmar is the only new Hen South game for them.

Friends had a regular season game against Lake this year & the last 2 years and the WB v Friends regular season game goes back 9 years - so Delmar is the only new Hen South game for them.

The Delmar game was a real late addition as both teams needed a game. I believe DM moved to Sat night to accommodate. Wonder if its a two year home/home deal?

Tower Hill broke their "1 & done" streak last year when they beat AI in round 1 (as the # 8 seed btw). They also outplayed Friends the following week in the semi-final game but unfortunately for them they were only up 6 - 0 at the half and Friends was able to make enough plays in the 2nd half to get the win.

The offense that TH runs is tricky, especially if the first time you are seeing it on the field is when you are trying to defend against it.

Reactions: phjai and Jules1127
Tower Hill broke their "1 & done" streak last year when they beat AI in round 1 (as the # 8 seed btw). They also outplayed Friends the following week in the semi-final game but unfortunately for them they were only up 6 - 0 at the half and Friends was able to make enough plays in the 2nd half to get the win.

The offense that TH runs is tricky, especially if the first time you are seeing it on the field is when you are trying to defend against it.
I'm glad to see everybody didn't get amnesia about what happened last year.

Glad to see Jules come back after his disappearing act after Friends took out The Hill.. lol
Haha, took me a year to get out of bed after dominating that game for 3 quarters and taking a loss. I’m back monitoring the hate! Lol. Continue on!!

The game is won in the 4th quarter.. Maybe if TH didn't play such a weak ass schedule they could have been primed to handle the 4th but they never have to play a 4th Q with that schedule

I’m assuming #1 AI thought as much before they got handled in the playoffs last year. You’ll see.

AI didn't play anyone either. they were a joke of a 1 seed. Seeds are just points not really vindictive of how good the team is.. Put it this way no one had AI ranked #1 going in

Reactions: Titanium Shadow
AI didn't play anyone either. they were a joke of a 1 seed. Seeds are just points not really vindictive of how good the team is.. Put it this way no one had AI ranked #1 going in
I guess you forgot that you promised AI was going to destroy Tower Hill.

200px-Heneryhawk.jpg

I guess you forgot that you promised AI was going to destroy Tower Hill.

I doubt that.. link? Actually if you had told me the game would be in the rain and at TH I would have given TH the nod considering how the teams were built and the systems they run but hey if I said that it would still be on here.. go find it until then I call BS

BackinBlack86D1AA Prospect
Silver Member

No AI? Haven’t seen them this year but they are undefeated. Are they pretenders?
People not giving them respect because of their schedule. 3 OOC games were Poly, Charter and Lake.. Poly and Charter were two cream puff D1 pt wins.. Lake is ok . Best team they played was Howard.. So no no one really knows what they are..Might as well be Tower Hill at this point

16 BackinBlack86, Nov 7, 2018

I doubt that.. link? Actually if you had told me the game would be in the rain and at TH I would have given TH the nod considering how the teams were built and the systems they run but hey if I said that it would still be on here.. go find it until then I call BS
Just for the record. The AI /Tower Hill game was not in the rain. Their field was bad from the rain earlier in the week. AI thought they were going to bring that speed to the turf of TH and found out that TH got hellavu speed too! And they still got it. You'll see!! This ain't your mom & pops TH. So all ya'll historical references about TH doesn't matter.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Last year's Tower Hill time was a solid team with a good older group surrounding Brown. This years team is not as good given the pieces they lost to graduation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT