ADVERTISEMENT

Linked article of Middletown and Penn State alum Chris Godwin

To add to this for those wondering why certain players are not referenced in this

"Godwin was one of only nine Delaware natives to play on an active NFL roster in 2020, according to Pro Football Reference. That list includes Duron Harmon, Angelo Blackson, Wendell Smallwood, Briean Boddy-Calhoun, Bilal Nichols, Brian O’Neill, Brandon Watson and Troy Reeder."

The author just referenced players "born" in Delaware. If we include active players who played HS in Delaware as well we would add

Darnell Savage making 10

Darnell Savage Jr.
Darnell Savage Jr.
Position
: S
5-11, 198lb (180cm, 89kg)
Team: Green Bay Packers
Born: July 30, 1997 (Age: 23-189d) in Salisbury, MD
College: Maryland (College Stats)
Weighted Career AV (100-95-...): 11 (7407th overall since 1960)
High School: Caravel (DE)
Draft: Green Bay Packers in the 1st round (21st overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft.
Current salary: 1,063,986

There are couple more that didn't have any stats in 2020 but were active. Paul Worrilow and Alex Ellis

Super Bowl Add on for Chris Godwin-The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have won their second Super Bowl title as they defeated the Kansas City Chiefs by a 31-9 score. The Middletown and Penn State alum had 2 catches for 9 yards for the Bucs. Congratulations to Chris Godwin for an outstanding season.

To add to this for those wondering why certain players are not referenced in this

"Godwin was one of only nine Delaware natives to play on an active NFL roster in 2020, according to Pro Football Reference. That list includes Duron Harmon, Angelo Blackson, Wendell Smallwood, Briean Boddy-Calhoun, Bilal Nichols, Brian O’Neill, Brandon Watson and Troy Reeder."

The author just referenced players "born" in Delaware. If we include active players who played HS in Delaware as well we would add

Darnell Savage making 10

Darnell Savage Jr.
Darnell Savage Jr.
Position
: S
5-11, 198lb (180cm, 89kg)
Team: Green Bay Packers
Born: July 30, 1997 (Age: 23-189d) in Salisbury, MD
College: Maryland (College Stats)
Weighted Career AV (100-95-...): 11 (7407th overall since 1960)
High School: Caravel (DE)
Draft: Green Bay Packers in the 1st round (21st overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft.
Current salary: 1,063,986

There are couple more that didn't have any stats in 2020 but were active. Paul Worrilow and Alex Ellis
For the record, Godwin is a Philly, PA native.

For the record, Godwin is a Philly, PA native.

Right which makes the guys article all the more inaccurate being he used Pro-Football-Reference.com to find the other DE natives in the NFL for his list but did not check Godwins. #fakenews lol

Reactions: Dropping 3's
The issue is how you define ”Delaware Native”. I was born in Delaware. By defining native as where you were born, Bummy is a Delaware native, Randy White was born in Pittsburgh. I am not going to tell him he is not a Delaware native.

I give native status to people who got here in time to go to HS here and then they personally identified with DE.

Presidents Day stuff: Abe Lincoln was born in Kentucky but his folks crossed the Ohio River and moved to Illinois. As you drive into Illinois there are signs that say Land of Lincoln. (back in the day dated a girl that looked like Abe Lincoln). Eisenhower was born in Texas. When he was 2, folks moved to Kansas. Kansas claims him. (never dated a girl that looked like Ike...)

Last edited:
The issue is how you define ”Delaware Native”. I was born in Delaware. By defining native as where you were born, Bummy is a Delaware native, Randy White was born in Pittsburgh. I am not going to tell him he is not a Delaware native.

I give native status to people who got here in time to go to HS here and then they personally identified with DE.

Presidents Day stuff: Abe Lincoln was born in Kentucky but his folks crossed the Ohio River and moved to Illinois. As you drive into Illinois there are signs that say Land of Lincoln. (back in the day dated a girl that looked like Abe Lincoln). Eisenhower was born in Texas. When he was 2, folks moved to Kansas. Kansas claims him. (never dated a girl that looked like Ike...)

I have always equated "native" as having been born there..... Although I consider myself as being "from" Kansas (where I spent my formative years), I am a Maryland (APG) native by definition.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
Wait what Bummy, you dated a girl that looked that Lincoln, wth , next time just hollow out a ham smh lol

• Haha
Reactions: BackinBlack86
Come on, rider. Do you think Bummy was a bottom feeder? Met her in Gettysburg.

a1284b2f1c8abe5128d804063b3b1a1d.jpg

Last edited:
not at all, Bummy a bottom feeder, never! Late night booty call, incognito, it happens lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT