ADVERTISEMENT

My state predictions with DARK HORSES!!!!

UncCreepy

Getting reps on JV
Feb 7, 2014
106 Bakhsh over Guerreri
Dark Horse:: Spennato
*This weight class could go a number of ways so far Guerreri has been the cream of the crop but it’s very hard to beat the same people multiple times therefore I’m going with Bakhsh to win but don’t sleep on Spennato he’s a gamer and battle tested this year.
113 Lucian over Bellarin
Dark Horse: Moffitt
Lucian drops from 120 and gets another state title.
120 Stratton over Andrews
Dark Horse::Russ
Finals here should prove to be interesting. I think this match could be the upset of the night.
126 Copes over Mundy
Dark Horse:: Menickella
Copes finally gets his state title that he has been searching for the last few years. Mundy is super tough but Copes in my opinion is just a different level than the rest of the field at 126
132 Cordrey over Foster
Dark Horse:: Girardi
I know he’s had a bumpy ride this season but I have to think Cordrey will pull this one out. Don’t sleep on Girardi he is very capable of knocking off either finalist I have here.
138: Savage over Radecki
Dark Horse: Copeland
That’s right no typo here I think Savage is the one to stop Radecki from his goal of five state titles. Call me crazy but you heard it here first
144 Elliot over Walker
Dark Horse :: J Rovilard
This match will be closer than the last time they wrestled look for Walker to close the gap but still fall short. Elliot has one gear and that’s wide open not many can handle his pace but the one that could do it is Walker.
150 Pete over Duffy
Dark Horse:: Durham
Pete is very very tough this season I’ve been very impressed by him this season Duffy is also one tough hombre. I’d like to say my dark horse Durham 100% has the capability to beat either one of my finalist I have listed. Durham has been around forever he’s definitely battle tested and has been on a nice hot streak at the right time of the season. Don’t be surprised if he steps up and finds himself in the finals battling for a state title!
157 Limehouse over Statts
Dark Horse :: Roy
Yet another weight class where it could really go any way but I’m thinking Limehouse has been wrestling tough so I’m giving him the nod on this one.
165 Ebaugh over Norris
Dark Horse:: Ettien
This weight could go acouple different ways but I think my picks are pretty solid here
175 Spoor over Cannon
Dark Horse:: Chandler
Cannon can beat Spoor and this final is going to be one great match don’t wanna miss this one. Chandler himself is a very very well rounded wrestler how could definitely cause a ruckus at this weight
190 Moaney over Wilson
Dark Horse:: Curry
This is Moaney title to lose. I think he’s the cream of the crop in this bracket. Wilson is tough and Curry has a punchers chance so nothing is in stone
215 Miller vs Donahue
Dark Horse:: Lockett
Miller is a lock here I have him across from Donahue but I wouldn’t be the last bit surprised if you don’t find Lockett in the finals vs Miller.
HWT Denigusis over Juarquin
Dark Horse:: Baynard
Denigusis is just to tough it’s his title to lose but I say he comes up big and brings home a state title!
Well those are my picks for this years state tournament tell me whatcha think…

Last edited:
Reactions: Longagoplayer
Definitely good picks and good reasoning. Only places I disagree would be 138: I think Radecki pulls it off just because once states rolls around he just puts it into another gear, but Savage has looked really fantastic this year. 150: dark horse I think it is Dempsey from Lake, I believe he has split his matches with Pete this year and he has a real chance of the upset. 175: I think it will be Cannon just because of the layoff for Spoor will he have the gas tank if it gets to the 3rd

Reactions: Trooppants
My picks as of now (seeding can obviously change this if on same side)

106: Guarneri over Bahksh
Dark Horse: CR 106
113: Lucian over Bellarin
Dark Horse: Arms Conrad
120: Stratton over Andrews
Dark Horse: Lloyd STG
126: Mundy over Copes
Dark Horse: Murray SC
132: Cordrey over Girard
Dark Horse: Delcollo DMA
138: Radecki over Savage
Dark Horse: Papilli
144: Elliot over Walker
Dark Horse: Santos Conrad
150: Duffy over Pete
Dark Horse: Ranauto STM
157: Statts over Roy
Dark Horse: Pierce TH
165: Ebaugh over McCormac
Dark Horse: Horton SA or Risper WB
175: Spoor over Cannon
Dark Horse: Donnelly TH
190: Moaney over Curry
Dark Horse: Gratkowski Smyrna
215: Miller over Donahue
Dark Horse: Brandon King CSW
285: Jarquin-Torres over DeNigris
Dark Horse: Brock Rhoades CA

Interesting note is that Brock Rhoades of caravel has bumped up from 215 to wrestle heavyweight this state tourney.
Mundy has looked good all year and as of recent by teching Menickella
Pierce at 157 has been very good this year, he could upset some.
Duffy at 150 seems to been on a tear since his loss to Pete which was his first match back and wrestling with torn acl.
CR 106, can’t remember his name but he has had a few big wins recently. He can bust some brackets.
Horton 165 from Sussex Academy can surprise some.

I wanna talk about some bracket buster, not necessarily Dark horses but potential up setters.

120 If we stick too Lucian dropping down, I think Carter Davis will be a force in that bracket. even though he lost to Lloyd before, i think he will still be a bracket buster. he may even win conferences. he looked big for 113 so i don't think weight will be and issue
138 I think Papilli is a great dark horse as he is very technical and good on top, however Eric Holmes and Copeland both have pinning capabilities.
285 Jahlil Settles is a threat for the big guys, his throws are dangerous and could definitely make some noise this weekend and the next.

106 Catania
113 Lucian
120 Andrews
126 Copes
132 Foster
138 Savage
144 Walker
150 Pete
157 Statts
165 Norris
175 Spoor
190 Moaney
215 Miller
285 Cael

Bold but its what im going with this march!

Reactions: UncCreepy
106 Catania
113 Lucian
120 Andrews
126 Copes
132 Foster
138 Savage
144 Walker
150 Pete
157 Statts
165 Norris
175 Spoor
190 Moaney
215 Miller
285 Cael

Bold but its what im going with this march!
I’m definitely changing one of my predictions starting with the 120 weight I’m changing my pick to Andrews if anyone has been paying attention that match has gotten closer and closer everytime this two “Stratton vs Andrews” meet up. That last match Andrews was there and I think his time is this upcoming weekend to cash in for his first state title.

I’m definitely changing one of my predictions starting with the 120 weight I’m changing my pick to Andrews if anyone has been paying attention that match has gotten closer and closer everytime this two “Stratton vs Andrews” meet up. That last match Andrews was there and I think his time is this upcoming weekend to cash in for his first state title.
That match for the henlopen final was electric! Hoping to see a rematch for states

Reactions: UncCreepy
Andrew’s will have a tough match Friday with Davis. Should be a fun quarterfinal match up, a test for how the weight class will play out.

106- Guerrieri
113- Lucian
120- Andrews
126- Copes
138- Savage
144- Elliott
150- Pete
157- Limehouse
165- Ebaugh
175- Spoor
190- Moaney
215- Miller