ADVERTISEMENT

NCC7v7

Delmar has their first 7 on 7 games on the 22nd. It's usually Maryland teams (Decatur, Parkside, Wicomico, Bennett, Princess Ann) but I think there are going to be some Delaware teams this year too.

Anyone have a schedule yet on 7on7? I know Middletown isn’t having it at their stadium this year. They are putting in new turf at both facilities. Same that the Rams have at SoFi stadium

that’s the most Information I’ve gotten about it so far. Thank you. Looks like I’ll be at Newark tonight

Last edited:
Still waiting on the list of teams in it, as well as the schedule. NCC website is slacking here, so again if anyone has it or knows it please share

Some observations I made from the Newark games:

First and foremost, it’s been a few years since I’ve been at Newark (Flight A days) and their field was shit, but tonight, whoever the groundskeeper is, you are doing a phenomenal job now. The field looked beautiful. Believe it was that Bermuda grass. Well kept too. Didn’t see any rolled ankles like I would have if I was at Concord or Christiana.

As far as teams go, I’ll address the home team first Tough Draw for Newark to have 3 Division 1 playoff teams today. I can see Newark competing with their own Class though. QB had a nice throw to him, and 2 receivers (One tall one that just seemed to always be open)

St. George’s looked to have the Size advantage among the 4 teams that were there but struggled at times. QB needs to work on mechanics before season starts, and receivers needs to work on crisper routes to help him out. I could see a strong running game with Sanchez back.

Middletown was as advertised on offense, Davis made several nice Reads, Tart and Roberson stood out to me most. My first time seeing Kevin Ignudo in person and my oh my. Someone get him a jersey already cause I think he’s gonna bring a different element the Cavs have been lacking. Defensive backs looked lost at times and needs to clean up their coverage skills.

Smyrnas Edge was impressive. Probably one of the nicest deep balls I have ever seen in a high school kid and for a junior too. At times it looked like he had tunnel vision though, if his first read wasn’t there the 3 second sack clock would go off. That would be my only concern for him. Not sure how Smyrnas OLine is but if they struggle Cam should do a lot of play action so his receivers have time to get open. WITH that said, he only looked at two players against Middletown, Wayne, and Yamir. Two studs to say the least, quick and didn’t have issues getting open against Mtown or STG. Not sure what their workout routine is but sign me up. The Defense looked lost as too. Like all the athletes were on offense and none on defense.

overall, I’d say Smyrna and Middletown looked impressive and St. George’s and Newark needs some work to do. First week of 7v7 though. And nothing bad that I saw that couldn’t be fixed with a whole summer of coaching. Games are 100% different when the pads come on but 9/17 at Smyrna might be a preview of the 3A championship if the seedings work out. Looking forward to seeing what Hodgson and Sallies has to see if that’s even worth predicting already.

Last edited:
Reactions: BackinBlack86
So we are heading into week 3 ... just curious how the teams are looking. Haven’t been able to attend any games yet . Any feedback would be much appreciated. Won’t be long now guys

My views from St. Marks….

looked like St. Marks and St. George’s we’re trading blow for blow. The STG QB has improved tremendously since Week 1 at Newark. I didn’t like how he threw the ball but 3 weeks later and it looked like a completely different QB at there. Rolled out a few, made his reads and threw his WRs open. St. Marks impressed me. They got a nice combination of size and speed. They got one big tall WR/TE that was clean on his breaks, ran his routes well and caught everything that was thrown to him. (Would love to have him in the Blue and White) but good for the Spartans. I can really see St. Marks competing and dominating in D2. I’m not saying championship but I predict they will be in the playoffs and make a run.

Sallies and Middletown was energetic, the Sals made the first stop and you could tell they were ready to play, but things started to fall ashore after that. They have some athletes but I believe it was Bummy or used to call them “Slowskys”? This is my second time watching Middletown this season and I’m really impressed with their speed on offense. Defensively have to clean some things up still. 7v7 and lining up 4 linebackers in coverage when the opposite team would use 1 RB. However was told the LBs that were out there weren’t the starters so idk.

St. George’s was doing really well against Sallies so I’m not sure who won that game if the score matters to you Bucs. St. Marks defense really kept the game against the Cavs entertaining for sure.

Overall, what I’ve seen from Middletown wasn’t surprising to me. So nothing to really put out there. St. Marks really impressed me, and St. George’s seemed to clean up their miscues from Week 1 so good to see there. Sallies disappointed me, but with their offense they arent bread for The spread formation game. You have to wait til all 11 is on the field to see what they have to offer.

Last edited:
Very interested what is going to come out of Wednesdays game between DMA, Middletown, and St. George's.

You may be right I just want to see if DMA can hang. I've watched them throughout the summer and they have some real athletes. They also won a tournament at the University of Maryland and finished second in at a tournament in Philly losing a close game to Imhotep in the finals.

I’ll be there tomorrow night Longago and Bucs if either of you two are going and wanna meet up and talk some football.

I’m happy for DMA making it to 7-1, but I don’t think it’s going to be competitive. The Cavs had one close game against Smyrna and that was week 1, they are rolling right now. Albeit, it’s only 7on7.

i hope I’m wrong and DMA makes Middletown earn it, it’s more exciting that way.

You may be right I just want to see if DMA can hang. I've watched them throughout the summer and they have some real athletes. They also won a tournament at the University of Maryland and finished second in at a tournament in Philly losing a close game to Imhotep in the finals.

That is actually pretty impressive results at those two tournaments as far as 7v7 goes. We know about the Sallies kid Alleyne who transferred to play QB. What other transfers do they have? And are your related to longagoQB? just asking for a friend lol

Yeah they have another transfer CJ coombs, this kid can fly and has some great hands. I am actually terrible at names and always have been and still haven't learned everyone's over there yet. And yeah that would be a relative of mine lol.

• Haha
Longagoplayer, your boys did exactly what I asked them to do tonight, they made Middletown earn it. And doing so made me a believer. They have some athletes on that team, and with good size. Devon Greene is a freak athlete! I like Alleyne at QB but had a lot of balls sailing over his receivers. Got a feeling after the 3rd second in a real game he’s probably going to just take off and run with it. He’s dangerous with that. Idk his last name but some guys in the stands were calling him CJ? Wide receiver/safety was consistently getting opened. He’s gonna be a real weapon for you guys. Looking at DMAs schedule this season, and with their talent I can see a 10-0,9-1 season (Archmere and St. Marks are going to play them tough)

Idk what happened with St. George’s over the last few weeks but the last time I was on here I was commending them for their improvements but today they just didn’t have it. Sanchez was open 95% of the time but it seemed like it just never got to him when it should have been. It was a bad day. However, the Hawks are gonna run Sanchez 20-30 times a game and it’s probably gonna be a enough.

Middletown looked good. Struggled again in the same area they have been all 7on7. Not calling it out cause it’s my team but hopefully they work that out before Smyrna. There’s a formation the Cavs run that I’m all for, that I wish they run quite a bit during the season. The amount of speed on the field just looks nasty and I can’t wait til I see it in a real game.

with 7v7 over, next step is training camp and scrimmages. Not too much longer fellas

Yeah I agree that was a good game for the most part. CJ Coombs is another transfer that came in this year but I believe is already a senior. He ran a 4.4 down at Virginia Tech last month. BJ has a good pretty ball but him overthrowing his receivers has kind of been a consistent thing all summer. Maybe adding the pads will cause him to put it right on the money lol. Dev Greene is a beast and I do think that DMAs success will come down to their o-line in giving BJ enough time to throw and Dev the holes to run through. It does seem that their tackles will be young but big, a 6'5" 250lb sophomore transfer and a 6'4" 290lb freshman that apparently has already received a couple of D1 offers. Middletown was very impressive and hats off to them. They were definitely as advertised and when they get everything cleaned up and clicking they are going to ve scary. I was a little surprised by St. George's but I do know that their second QB is a freshman and some of the mental mistakes are understandable. Overall an enjoyable night to end 7v7 and can not wait for the season to begin.

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
Longagoplayer, your boys did exactly what I asked them to do tonight, they made Middletown earn it. And doing so made me a believer. They have some athletes on that team, and with good size. Devon Greene is a freak athlete! I like Alleyne at QB but had a lot of balls sailing over his receivers. Got a feeling after the 3rd second in a real game he’s probably going to just take off and run with it. He’s dangerous with that. Idk his last name but some guys in the stands were calling him CJ? Wide receiver/safety was consistently getting opened. He’s gonna be a real weapon for you guys. Looking at DMAs schedule this season, and with their talent I can see a 10-0,9-1 season (Archmere and St. Marks are going to play them tough)

Idk what happened with St. George’s over the last few weeks but the last time I was on here I was commending them for their improvements but today they just didn’t have it. Sanchez was open 95% of the time but it seemed like it just never got to him when it should have been. It was a bad day. However, the Hawks are gonna run Sanchez 20-30 times a game and it’s probably gonna be a enough.

Middletown looked good. Struggled again in the same area they have been all 7on7. Not calling it out cause it’s my team but hopefully they work that out before Smyrna. There’s a formation the Cavs run that I’m all for, that I wish they run quite a bit during the season. The amount of speed on the field just looks nasty and I can’t wait til I see it in a real game.

with 7v7 over, next step is training camp and scrimmages. Not too much longer fellas
CJ Coombes, SR transfer from Brandywine. He is a player and reminds me a lot of Ethan Potter only a tad faster.

Last edited:
I hear DMA got a lot of people calling DIAA up on these transfers.
Waste of time waiver already approved 14-0. DMA offers course of study their old school doesn't. All you have to say is your kid is interested in going to a military academy or the military in general. Works the same way for the Techs if they choose to take transfers.

From the meeting minuets

IX. Other Items for Discussion Only

Mr. Ted Laws stated he was informed by a few different schools, that there is a large amount of recruiting/poaching of individual players from schools not only within but also outside of the state. He asks that all Athletic Directors make sure that schools are abiding by all the guidelines and regulations.

Last edited:
Reactions: nomorenonstop
Yeah that is true and I also heard that Smyrna was all up in arms about one of their kids leaving to attend school there.
If true that is funny coming from Smyrna. Must be getting a little full of themselves if they think it must be foul play for someone to transfer from there. 2 of their 3 State Championships were aided by key transfers 🤣

If true that is funny coming from Smyrna. Must be getting a little full of themselves if they think it must be foul play for someone to transfer from there. 2 of their 3 State Championships were aided by key transfers 🤣
The funny thing is that one of the kids is the 6'4" freshman I referred to in an earlier post and another one is a freshman that is going to Caravel. These were kids that didn't even go to the high school yet. And I think you hit the nail on the head, they think someone leaving for another school is unfathomable

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT