ADVERTISEMENT

Newark QB's story ends on sad note

Sep 3, 2014
Ben Campbell told Fox Sports 1290's Jon Buzby that he broke his collarbone in last night's loss to Middletown, ending his high school career.

"I gave it my everything and left it all on the field," Campbell said. "I was lucky to play with the people I did. It was an honor."

How Campbell even arrived at Newark is a great story: Article by Jon Buzby

Wanted to wish Ben a speedy recovery, & the best in his future endeavors, I'm positive he will succeed in any he puts his heart too!! Great season, sorry it ended for him!

I was at the game last night, he's definitely worth the price of admission. Sorry to see his high school career end on this note, but I don't think this is the last time he'll be on a football field.

Memorable story. Toward the end of the summer a bunch of skill players from Newark and possibly Glasgow used to do drills in the park next to my house on Saturday mornings. The guy running it had some connection to Florida or Florida state.......Pretty sure Campbell was there....I guess I should've hung around and watched more than I did.

Originally posted by BlueTea:
Memorable story. Toward the end of the summer a bunch of skill players from Newark and possibly Glasgow used to do drills in the park next to my house on Saturday mornings. The guy running it had some connection to Florida or Florida state.......Pretty sure Campbell was there....I guess I should've hung around and watched more than I did.
Campbell QB'd the Delaware Elite 7on7 team this spring/summer run by Damon Daniels.(which did very well again).. It was probably a Damon Daniels clinic.. Daniels played WR for the Cincinnati Bengals in 1997, Played for Del State and was a QB in HS at Camden High,NJ.... Maybe it was a special clinic with a guest FLA person I dont know but that would be my guess

Do not like to see anyone get hurt and worse when its a season ending type.
Best of luck to him!

Sorry to see the young man end his HS career this way. He is a talented player who has went through very trying times in his young life. I hope he plays in college. Ad it would be even better if he got a scholarship to help out financially.

Originally posted by ravensrooster2:

Originally posted by BlueTea:
Campbell QB'd the Delaware Elite 7on7 team this spring/summer run by Damon Daniels.(which did very well again).. It was probably a Damon Daniels clinic.. Daniels played WR for the Cincinnati Bengals in 1997, Played for Del State and was a QB in HS at Camden High,NJ.... Maybe it was a special clinic with a guest FLA person I dont know but that would be my guess
I asked a Newark assistant coach who would be there and he told me the guy played in Florida. They were there 4-5 Saturdays. If I walk out my front door, I saw them. My sense was it was a free clinic . Not everyone can afford paid trainers etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT