ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Antares NG-12 Rocket launch to the ISS

Titanium Shadow

Good all around Player
Oct 5, 2018
On Saturday, November 2nd at 9:59:41 am, the NG-12 mission of the Antares/Cygnus rocket is scheduled to launch to the International Space Station form the Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia.

If you have never seen an orbital rocket launch in person, I highly recommend you take the opportunity to see one at least once in your life.

If anybody is thinking about coming down to watch, send me a message and I will tell you the best viewing site. I'll also be there to answer any questions anybody has about the launch.

Reactions: Bucsnot and JMoxon4
That might be pretty cool. I work that Saturday though :mad: Can you get them to postpone it again? lol

That might be pretty cool. I work that Saturday though :mad: Can you get them to postpone it again? lol

I wish. I'm going to miss my son's game on Friday November 1st because I have to be on the pad making the final vehicle connections prior to launch.

You can actually see the launch from a broad area around Wallops, weather permitting. This image is from a previous launch, but the +times are accurate from the 9:59:41 to 10:04:41 launch window.

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/5VJaKchQ3EKn3aMujbkppe-650-80.jpg

5VJaKchQ3EKn3aMujbkppe-650-80.jpg

@Titanium Shadow ... Thanks for the heads up . Was actually in Florida one time and though not actually @Cape was able to see the flight path quite well . Pretty cool stuff.

I'm a Mechanical Engineer, not a Sparky BIB! lol

The connections I will be making are for Liquid Oxygen, Gaseous Helium, Gaseous Nitrogen and RP-1 (rocket grade kerosene).

I mainly work on these:

IMG_5359_1b_Orbital-ATK-Antares_Ken-Kremer.jpg

I'm a Mechanical Engineer, not a Sparky BIB! lol

The connections I will be making are for Liquid Oxygen, Gaseous Helium, Gaseous Nitrogen and RP-1 (rocket grade kerosene).

I mainly work on these:

IMG_5359_1b_Orbital-ATK-Antares_Ken-Kremer.jpg

So basically if the thing blows up it's your fault..

images

Nice. Can you get the lift off time to change to Friday night right after the national anthem finishes at the Delmar vs Laurel game.

Actually based on the graphic above.. Lift off should be changed to 30 secs before the Anthem finishes lol

Last edited:
Correct, BiB. It will be similar to a rocket taking off because of the rivalry between both schools.

The graphic is from a previous launch. This launch is Saturday at 9:59:41 to 10:04:41 am. The + times on the graph will be accurate for that date and times.

TS, impressive none the less, will be looking forward to following the launch. May ride to, (I know BiB is going to love the name of this town), Greenbackvillle to watch the launch.

Reactions: Titanium Shadow
TS, impressive none the less, will be looking forward to following the launch. May ride to, (I know BiB is going to love the name of this town), Greenbackvillle to watch the launch.

Best place to watch is Bayview Ln, Atlantic, VA 23303. That's where all of us who work on the Rocket watch from sbb19940.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT