ADVERTISEMENT

OT Fun: For the old timers

BackinBlack86

Top 100 Prospect
Oct 5, 2018
How many of these 1965 "West" Pro Bowlers can you name and what team?

275511948_10220910131526931_4789046057483622351_n.jpg

Last edited:
Bib...no googling on my part yet. First of all I think it would be the West All stars....probably practicing on the SoCal Campus back when the All Star game meant something.

QB..Johnny Unitas (colts), LG-Jim Parker (colts), FB- Jim Taylor (pack)? (I am sure he wore #31), RT- Forrest Gregg (pack).

After that I would be in total guess mode. The ends are driving me nuts on this as are the HB's....

#41 is a tough one. Hint..
He blew out his knee the following season and it ended his career. He played HB at Michigan then was a DB in the pro's until he switched to receiver and made the pro bowl in 63 and 64 as a receiver .. then the knee went

Photograph caption dated January 5, 1965 reads,

"This is the West's starting offensive lineup Baltimore Colt coach Don Shula plans to start against the East in Sunday's annual Pro Bowl game at the Coliseum. On the line, from left to right, are Mike Ditka (Chicago), Forrest Gregg (Green Bay), Dick Szymanski (Baltimore), Jim Parker (Baltimore), Bob Vogel (Baltimore) and Ray Berry (Baltimore). In backfield is Colts' quarterback John Unitas NFL Player of the Year, Terry Barr, Detroit, (41); Jim Taylor, Green Bay, (31) and Lenny Moore (far right) Baltimore.

That ‘64 colts team ran roughshod through the NFL that year. Then in the NFL title game, they got blown out by the Browns. Jim Brown was the man….

Reactions: BackinBlack86
Still the man !!!!
I never saw anybody like JB on a consistent year in and year out basis. There was that idea that there were 2 categories of athletes: power and finesse. JB and Ali combined both. The dude wouldn't run out of bounds unless he had to stop the clock. He hurt the tacklers.

Some guys periodically remind you of JB...like Henry from Tenn....but there was only one.....

Reactions: 84rider
I never saw anybody like JB on a consistent year in and year out basis. There was that idea that there were 2 categories of athletes: power and finesse. JB and Ali combined both. The dude wouldn't run out of bounds unless he had to stop the clock. He hurt the tacklers.

Some guys periodically remind you of JB...like Henry from Tenn....but there was only one.....

Bo Jackson would be one that comes to mind as being close.

SlightDirtyElephantseal-size_restricted.gif

image-asset.gif

RaidersBoBenglas.gif

SelfishScaredBoa-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
JB-Republican, haha, he’s still the man, always fighting the good fight !!!! The man was and is fearless, just saying of course

JB-Republican, haha, he’s still the man, always fighting the good fight !!!! The man was and is fearless, just saying of course
Speaking of Republican running backs, Herschel Walker is running away in all the polls in the GA US Senate race. He was a magnificent college RB...

Reactions: 84rider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT