Jul 20, 2006
D1

Favorite : Middletown/ Hodgson winner
Dark Horse - Dover

D2

Favorite: Delmar/ Woodbridge winner
Dark Horse - Archmere

Awfully Bold thing to say. Give me $50 on the young Sals with the current odds
You can't be serious. No team can improve that much. Middletown and Hodgson would have to completely fall apart and play the worst game possible for the score to even be respectable let alone win. You need to wait until next year. And next year won't happen if they don't make drastic changes to their offensive game plan.

Archmere really is the D2 dark horse. Since the Dover game, they've been the best team in D2 for my money. Not taking anything away from Delmar because they're defending champs and are expected to repeat, but the Auks are hot right now and they play a solid, disciplined and fundamental style that helps in a one and done situation.

I think the only team that can beat Middletown, however...is Middletown. Hodgson or Central would have to play the perfect game in all phases.

Archmere really is the D2 dark horse. Since the Dover game, they've been the best team in D2 for my money. Not taking anything away from Delmar because they're defending champs and are expected to repeat, but the Auks are hot right now and they play a solid, disciplined and fundamental style that helps in a one and done situation.

I think the only team that can beat Middletown, however...is Middletown. Hodgson or Central would have to play the perfect game in all phases.
I don't buy the hype. They've beaten some middle of the pack teams. DMA, St. Marks, and St. Elizabeth. Only one of these teams will even make the playoffs.

No AI? Haven’t seen them this year but they are undefeated. Are they pretenders?

People not giving them respect because of their schedule. 3 OOC games were Poly, Charter and Lake.. Poly and Charter were two cream puff D1 pt wins.. Lake is ok . Best team they played was Howard.. So no no one really knows what they are..Might as well be Tower Hill at this point

There are a few teams that have both. Should be exciting.

I'm hoping for my scenario to play out. The Cavs beat Hodgson this week, giving us a Central-Sallies round 1 game, then bringing Central up to what I believe is the hardest place to play in delaware (if there is such a thing as home field advantage in high school) so I can see how good this defense is. I don't think Central has the tools to lay 35 on Middletown OR Hodgson, and they are going to have to to beat either one. I don't care how stout the defense is, right now, Hodgson and Middletown can score at will. (So anxious for Saturday, going to be a great game no matter how it turns out)

I'm still skeptical on Dover because all I know is Magee and Peace. Which I'm sure there are other kids making plays. I just don't hear about them.

People not giving them respect because of their schedule. 3 OOC games were Poly, Charter and Lake.. Poly and Charter were two cream puff D1 pt wins.. Lake is ok . Best team they played was Howard.. So no no one really knows what they are..Might as well be Tower Hill at this point

AI's a fun team to watch, but OOC was CHEEKS. I have no faith in them against Woodbridge if Woodbridge is the 8 seed.

I'm hoping for my scenario to play out. The Cavs beat Hodgson this week, giving us a Central-Sallies round 1 game, then bringing Central up to what I believe is the hardest place to play in delaware (if there is such a thing as home field advantage in high school) so I can see how good this defense is. I don't think Central has the tools to lay 35 on Middletown OR Hodgson, and they are going to have to to beat either one. I don't care how stout the defense is, right now, Hodgson and Middletown can score at will. (So anxious for Saturday, going to be a great game no matter how it turns out)

I'm still skeptical on Dover because all I know is Magee and Peace. Which I'm sure there are other kids making plays. I just don't hear about them.
Central is the hardest place to play or sallies is?

Referring to Middletown.

The only reason Sallies is mentioned as tough to play is because the Refs live there. You walk off the bus with 5 flags ready for you.

But BiB is right, it's the cowbells and my horns. It annoys the best of them. Even IMG was not liking. (Theybwere able to overcome it though). Coach text me during the game and said the players were bitching about it. They were lucky I didn't have my horns. Lol

I think I'm gonna start bringing the Train Horn instead.:D

In 2012 I had the Megaphone but during the championship game against Sallies I was a little "toasted" before going to the game and I was saying some horrible things to some of the Sallies players. One of the school administrators that I know well, came up and wanted to confiscate it but I told him I'd stop. Since then, I haven't used it. Lucky for me I knew him. Any other person probably would have been kicked out.

Last edited:
Artificial noise makers in stadiums are supposed to be illegal..just saying

For the comfort and safety of all, the following items are not permitted in Stadium:

Noise Makers, Bottles/Cans , Alcoholic Beverages, Backpacks, Footballs, Coolers/Ice Chests/Thermoses ,Open Containers, Large bags,Umbrellas, Outside food or drink, Video Cameras, Weapons/Firearms, Animals, Banners/Signs, Sporting Equipment, Strollers

just for curiosity sake what is allowed and not at other states high school games

Eagle Stadium Allen HS Texas.. Tailgating yes. cowbells and horns no lol

TAILGATING

Tailgating is allowed in the stadium parking lot after 3 p.m. Tailgaters may not take up more than one parking space per car after 6:00 p.m. or one hour before kickoff. With the exception of private tailgating, Allen ISD and health department regulations do not allow the sale or distribution of food in the parking lot without prior permission. Tailgaters are asked to be respectful of school property and to remove any trash from the property.

SORRY – NOT ALLOWED

State law strictly prohibits smoking/tobacco products, drugs and weapons at all AISD Events. Other items prohibited at varsity football games include but are not limited to:

Backpacks; Drinks; Food; Gum; Ice Chests; Cans; Glass Containers; Sporting Balls; Pets (except for service animals); Laser Pointers; Air Horns; Baby/Talcum Powder; Large Umbrellas (small umbrellas allowed) and any other product(s) that may disrupt any part of the event.

"But BiB is right, it's the cowbells and my horns. It annoys the best of them. Even IMG was not liking. (They were able to overcome it though). Coach text me during the game and said the players were bitching about it. They were lucky I didn't have my horns. Lol"

You do realize that nobody does this anywhere. It is rude, classless and annoying to people just trying to enjoy the game. MOT even does this in Rec games trying screw up coaches from being able to coach the little kids on the field trying to learn the game so their little babies will have an advantage.. MOT not alone there Bel Air Rec parents would fill empty milk jugs with rocks and stand by the fence as close to the coaches as possible and rattle those things every time the coaches try and yell instructions to the players on the field.. ridiculous and very unsportsmanlike.. What happened to just being a fan and cheer loudly?..why the need for artificial noise makers?

I was surprised that Delaware allows the band to play during the game. I played football in California in the early 80s, and if the band was playing while the clock was running it was an automatic penalty.

Fair assessment. And you may think it's rude and classless but we pride ourselves on how loud we can be.

The cowbells aren't going anywhere, so people just need to accept it. The rule is artificial noisemakers that gimmick game like sounds. They do not! The air horns now, yes they do. But you can't stop everyone from coming in with air horns. You'd have to check every bag. I'm not the only one who does it. I've been to other games not Middletown and they are using them, to the extent that I am, no, hell no. I'm obnoxious with it. But I honestly don't care. All the people in the sections around me love it. They ask me every week of I bring them and if I don't, they ask me why I didn't. It takes a strong willed person to put up with the sections in between the 40s, which is probably why, every year, it's the same people sitting in the same seats in the same sections, for as long as I can remember.

Someone mentioned the band, if I can't use my horns or cowbells than they will have to stop the band from playing while the players are playing too. I'll fight that. Win or lose. If they don't want any distractions than they might as well keep the band and cheerleaders home. How many times I looked over to the opponents cheerleaders and "winked" was countless hahaha theybwere pretty distracting

Last edited:
Fair assessment. And you may think it's rude and classless but we pride ourselves on how loud we can be.

The cowbells aren't going anywhere, so people just need to accept it. The rule is artificial noisemakers that gimmick game like sounds. They do not! The air horns now, yes they do. But you can't stop everyone from coming in with air horns. You'd have to check every bag. I'm not the only one who does it. I've been to other games not Middletown and they are using them, to the extent that I am, no, hell no. I'm obnoxious with it. But I honestly don't care. All the people in the sections around me love it. They ask me every week of I bring them and if I don't, they ask me why I didn't. It takes a strong willed person to put up with the sections in between the 40s, which is probably why, every year, it's the same people sitting in the same seats in the same sections, for as long as I can remember.

Someone mentioned the band, if I can't use my horns or cowbells than they will have to stop the band from playing while the players are playing too. I'll fight that. Win or lose. If they don't want any distractions than they might as well keep the band and cheerleaders home. How many times I looked over to the opponents cheerleaders and "winked" was countless hahaha theybwere pretty distracting
Wow you really are just the man aren’t you!

When I fart not only does it smell like a rose, it offers tones comforting to all listeners. You see, I think football should really be about bringing people together. That's why everyone always has fun at Milford game.

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT