ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Live Streams *corrected games are showing links inside*

BackinBlack86

Top 100 Prospect
Oct 5, 2018
DIAA Football Committee Rules

2021 DIAA Football and Unified Flag Football Tournament Manual (updated 9/20/2021)

Page 12 Item 19

B. Live telecasts or web streaming of playoff games will not be permitted. All games must be telecast on a minimum 48-hour delayed basis. The telecast fees will be $100 for a first, quarterfinal, and semifinal round games and $250 for a championship game.

Last edited:
I guess they want to force people to go to the games and buy a ticket or follow the approved press guys on twitter..

Who the hell is going to pay 250 to produce a game they can't broadcast until 48 hours after it happened?

Last edited:
Ignore the links on NFHS Network. They are auto links from teams that were setup to link their games from the websiteforsports schedule. When the playoff games were entered onto the wfs site the links auto set up. I don't think any games will be streaming through them. Would be a rule violation if they do.

Volleyball finals and Soccer Semi-finals have been streamed on the NFHS network. I would look for DIAA to put out some tweet today showing the links. I may be wrong but I think they will be available.

Reactions: Woody_Wood
Volleyball finals and Soccer Semi-finals have been streamed on the NFHS network. I would look for DIAA to put out some tweet today showing the links. I may be wrong but I think they will be available.

This is specific to football.. In the Football Tournament Rules not the General Rules

It's spelled out pretty clearly in the manual.

In the previous football tournament manuals it was spelled out that NFHS Network had streaming rights for the playoff games. Not in the current one I linked.

This (no Live telecast or streaming of the playoff games) is something the Football Committee decided to do. With all the other drama it went under the radar I suppose lol

I am not saying that someone from DMA or Delmar won't be filming the game and streaming it through NFHS like they have all year not knowing that it's against the playoff rules. Wonder what the penalty would be if it does happen?

Last edited:
This is kind of bullshit ain’t it? Why would they choose to do this? Who does it benefit?

Gate Money.. They lost a lot last year. My guess is they looked at what they would get from NFHS Network vs what they think would be more ticket sales if there was no streams and decided the latter was better.

Plus all the ticket sales are through GOFAN so they probably are getting a deal of some sort on that. Service fee is 25% per ticket

Last edited:
This is kind of bullshit ain’t it? Why would they choose to do this? Who does it benefit?
I guess they want people to go to the games. I don’t have any interest in attending though. Not a cold weather guy and quite frankly the games just aren’t that good. Hurts people like my dad who enjoys watching but is getting older.

Reactions: BackinBlack86
I guess they want people to go to the games. I don’t have any interest in attending though. Not a cold weather guy and quite frankly the games just aren’t that good. Hurts people like my dad who enjoys watching but is getting older.

Yeah I don't think it will have the net effect they think it will. It may encourage a few folks out to the games but most the people who watch the streams either can't make it to the game (out of town or what not) or are like myself, will watch on TV but not interested enough to go to the game and especially if it's cold out. I can just follow twitter or look at the score later no big deal to me.

Point being if it is a game I really wanted to see I would go. It really sucks for those kids with grand parents or family out of the area that would like to watch. The net result is just less people will be interested in the games and the same people that would have went to the game will go and the folks who would not have went but watched from home will do neither sans a small few. JMHO

Reactions: HSftballlaxFan
Wow so no games are going to be live streamed? This is dumb! I work tonight and was looking forward to watching a game or 2 even if I had to pay for NFHS

WOW -that is horrible. Some of these games have long rides (i.e. Newark-->Delmar) they can't expect lots of folks to make that trip.

302 guys are producing the St.Marks-Howard game. Looks like that might be it tonight.

He said he "believes" they are but that doesn't mean they didn't pay the $100 and are producing/filming it and will post it Monday for folks to watch after the 48 hour period per the rules posted. There would be a link by now if they were streaming it live tonight, one would think anyway

I could be wrong on this but to me the rules in the football tournament manual are pretty clear on this one.

He said he "believes" they are but that doesn't mean they didn't pay the $100 and are producing/filming it and will post it Monday for folks to watch after the 48 hour period per the rules posted. There would be a link by now if they were streaming it live tonight, one would think anyway
Mike Lang sent me an IM that they will be at STM-Howard. Also warned that internet connection is not the best there.

Mike Lang sent me an IM that they will be at STM-Howard. Also warned that internet connection is not the best there.
Like I said the rules are pretty clear so if they stream it live either they got a special exemption or they intend (intentionally or unintentionally) to break the rules. Personally I would like to watch it so I hope they do stream it live.

Might as well put the other links too..

This is specific to football.. In the Football Tournament Rules not the General Rules

It's spelled out pretty clearly in the manual.

In the previous football tournament manuals it was spelled out that NFHS Network had streaming rights for the playoff games. Not in the current one I linked.

This (no Live telecast or streaming of the playoff games) is something the Football Committee decided to do. With all the other drama it went under the radar I suppose lol

I am not saying that someone from DMA or Delmar won't be filming the game and streaming it through NFHS like they have all year not knowing that it's against the playoff rules. Wonder what the penalty would be if it does happen?
I think this may have just been an omission in the manual. The FB committee would not have the right to say no live broadcasts. For 65k a year, the NFHS wouldn’t go for that.

I think this may have just been an omission in the manual. The FB committee would not have the right to say no live broadcasts. For 65k a year, the NFHS wouldn’t go for that.
That makes more sense. I know the 65k is for all sports tournaments but playoff football is where the bread is buttered. So you are right the football committee can't override a contract DIAA has with the NFHS Network.

Reactions: Huskerman7
Kinda funny. The NFHS Network is currently airing a live shot of the empty DMA field. Someone on the site set the gametime for 2pm, so, there you go.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT