ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: LF vs HVT

Jawnsky

All-Conference
Sep 21, 2012
DE
Playoff time....who do you like and why. Words/Wardrobes/Pics and restaurant reviews all welcome......

Toughest one to predict IMO as far as D2 goes. St. George's will be a blowout, I believe Caravel and Laurel will be close for a while but I feel Caravel pulling away late. Same goes with Archmere and Friends. Hodgson may have the best player between both teams but I feel Lake is the better team overall. Doesn't necessarily mean they'll win. Jones is a beast and Lake better contain him or at least slow him down or it could a long night. Don't really know much about Hodgsons defense but I do feel Lake will get their points and try to control the tempo like they try to do every game. I think whoever is more physical will win this game. Whoever controls the LOS will win imo. Won't pick a winner because I don't like picking my own teams games.

Pure homer pick = HVT.
wink.r191677.gif

HVT has the size and the best player (in this game) in Jones... They had some hick-ups early/mid season but like last year they are cruising now,,, HVT by at least 14 Lake is a fine team but just doesnt play anyone on HVT's level (which is upper D1) of all the D2 play-off teams the one I fear most is HVT,, If they play to their skill level they blow everyone out.. but thats a big IF

This post was edited on 11/11 8:53 PM by ravensrooster2

Wish I could be at this one because I have seen HVT couple times but I hear Lake is damn good.All that said-HVT is my pick. I like what I have seen of them overall.

Gotta agree with rr2 - HVT is rolling now and Jones is very good. I'm a downstate guy, but I'll be surprised if Lake stays with them (although I hope they do). I can see HVT winning it all.

In the couple of times I saw Lake this year they have made me a believer. Despite no creativity and a lack of a passing, I think they ride #22, the home crowd and ground and pound Hodgson into giving up a fourth quarter lead. I'll take Lake.

Originally posted by SCash:
In the couple of times I saw Lake this year they have made me a believer. Despite no creativity and a lack of a passing, I think they ride #22, the home crowd and ground and pound Hodgson into giving up a fourth quarter lead. I'll take Lake.
Tackling is an issue for HVT,,, but i still think line play and Jones will overcome but its not a given,. If HVT tackles like they did against ST G ,, Then it will be a long day for the D vs Lakes RB's... If HVT's DL can clog it up Lake cant score enough as HVT will put points on the board..

This post was edited on 11/11 9:24 PM by ravensrooster2

Hodgson's the most dangerous team of the lower seeds, but Lake won't be intimidated. If they can get an early lead and run the ball as they usually do, I think the Spartans will win.

Game not as hard to pick as some would think. Hodgson should roll in this one.

Lake is the most complete team in the d2 playoffs...hvt has only one guy #7...one player can't beat a very good lake team...21-7 lake....lake has the easiest path to u d

I don't see how Lake has the easiest path tbh. Wouldn't it be St. George's? Tower Hill and then Archmere(assuming they beat WF). Lake has Hodgson and then(assuming they win) either Laurel or Caravel. Rather them face St. George's schedule anyday. As far as Hodgson, I give mad respect to Jones for his play. No doubt he's a hell of a player. Not sure he's the only player Hodgson has but their offense does run through him. Containment is the name of the game. Be physical with him more often than not. Lake has a very good defense especially if Cornish is back but I still see Hodgson scoring more than 7.

Everyone knows the key to beating Hodgson is get to Jones. He is what makes the team.Whenever he is out or is having a poor game the rest of the team is average at best(see the howard game!!!totally dominated them!) . He gets frustrated easily and when he does he presses, which leads to turnovers ! So If lake contains and gets to him, they win!

Maybe I misspoke...playing friends (who will win )in the 2nd round is easier than stg vs ca.....I agree with carp...hvt has only one player to worry about...I was at their game vs stg and they beat him up and nobody from that team backed him up....then without him the next week they showed why....I think they are a overhyped team that is living off of the previous seasons success...lake easily 21-7....in 2 of the 3 losses hvt had they scored only one td..and the other vs stg they were getting blown out until they scored a couple of late garbage touchdowns....

This post was edited on 11/12 4:56 PM by sportn2011

I'll take your word for it sport because I haven't watched Hodgson this year. Watched them last year when Jones himself destroyed St. George's. as far as Archmere-Hodgson, no way does Friends win that. Archmere is a good team. Friends is solid but they're not beating Archmere.

@smackjack -yeah Jones did the job scoring vs ST Georges but that defense is what actually won that game! A shut out against that team last year??? HVT does not have nearly the players now that they had last year. HVT is really a one man band and Lake should show it!
This post was edited on 11/12 6:25 PM by carpediem1956

Change your prediction sport? Lol. Holding Hodgson to 6 or even 7 like the above poster predicted would be downright dominant.

Originally posted by smack.jack99:
Change your prediction sport? Lol. Holding Hodgson to 6 or even 7 like the above poster predicted would be downright dominant.
HVT definitely won't score 7. They don't even attempt to kick and extra point...lol

I was looking at their stats and noticed that...so when I changed hvt to 6 it was only right to adjust lake's score accordingly lol......I just don't see the close game some see...jump on them early and they will be ready to get back on that bus...lake 28-6

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT