ADVERTISEMENT

QB Nick Spadafino's 3 touchdown passes paces Dover to victory over Concord

dawrestling

Top 100 Prospect
May 20, 2007
Fallbrook, CA
www.302sports.com
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Editor-Dover High School-Dover, DE-Friday, September 13, 2013-The Dover High Senators opened up their home campaign of the 2013 high school football season after a 2-0 lead after the first quarter, the Senators on qb Nick Spadafino the son of former Dover High great Joey Spadafino who excelled in football at Eastern Kentucky University under former head football coach Roy Kidd threw 9 completions out of 18 attempts for 109 yards threw 3 touchdown passes to wide receiver Tarvaris Sample for 1, 24, and 23 yards along with a 34 yards field goal as they defeated the visiting Concord Raiders by a 26-14 score.

Dante Jones First Year Football Coach at Dover High getting his first win over Concord: "It feels good to get our first win today under the belt for our squad in order for us to improve on the season as we have a long way ahead of us for the season but we made costly mistakes on offense along with our defense and we need to correct the problem." "We played OK today but the one breakdown was a good throw from our qb Nick Spadafino along with our field goal and punt returns went well today and that is our game plan." "Nick Spadafino is doing well at qb as he is the heart and soul of the team and does a good job."

Nick Spadafino Dover QB on the win: "It feels good to get the win I wish that our offense could've executed better in the game but our team did well."On the three touchdown passes that I threw to my teammate Tarvaris Sample our offensive line gave me time they did as they blocked well and have the chemistry to do the job. "Tarvaris Jackson and I have played together since 8th grade and the offseason conditioning worked well." On my 23 yard pass to Tavaris our receivers contributed with key blocks by our receivers who opened the holes for us to get the win."

Concord 1-1 scored their touchdowns in the third quarter as Mark Mellette scored on an 85 yard kickoff return and teammate Bryan Allene scored on a 1 yard run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News