ADVERTISEMENT

RANKINGS - APRIL 27, 2014

oldskool42

In the weight room getting big
Apr 30, 2012
Sadly the season is more than half way done for most of the teams. Here are the rankings as I see it.

I had the rankings all set and then we see Ai upset St Marks. I was already to declare St Marks my all time easiest #1 ever. They beat Dover, they beat Caravel and I assumed they would beat A.I. But I was really on the fence with this one because everything points to St Marks still being the clear #1, aside from head to head with Ai. St Marks has beaten 5 top ten teams. The next closest amount of wins against the top 10 is TWO. Nobody has even played five top ten teams, but St Marks has played six and beaten five of them. A.I. has only played ONE top 10 team. But therein lies the issue. Ai beat St Marks. So my final logic is that with the win over St Marks, at a minimum A.I must be #2 because Dover, Caravel and three other teams in the top ten couldn't do it. Then I couldn't possibly have St Marks #1 and Ai #2. So with teams that closely ranked, head to head must be the deciding factor even though St Marks has the more impressive strength of schedule.

1. AI Dupont (9-1). Beat St Marks
2. St Marks (10-1). 5-1 against top ten teams
3. Caravel (7-2). 4-1 against top 20 teams (beat Cape, Sals, Chrtr & St Georges. Lost to St Marks
4. Dover (8-2). 2 tough losses this past week to Appo & St Marks. 4-1 against top 20 teams (beat Cape, Tech, Delmar, Smy all pretty easily.
5. Sussex Central (7-1). 4-1 against the top 20, beating Cape, Smy, CR, Lake, lost big to Sals.
6. Smyrna(7-2). Beat Lake, Tech, Delmar, lost close ones to Central and Dover.
7. Sussex Tech (7-3). Beat CR, Delmar, lost close ones to Smyrna, Cape but lost big to Dover.
8. CR (8-3). They have 5 wins against the top 20 (Poly, Lake,Mtown, Concord, Archmere), but they lost to 3 top 7 teams (Tech, St Mks, Central).
9. Archmere (8-2). 4-2 against the top 20 with wins against Mtown, Conrad, Poly, Conc, lost big to St Marks and by 1 run to CR.
10. Hodgson (7-4). wins over St Georges, Appo, DMA, close losses to St Marks, Mtown, Concord & Caravel
11. Delmar (7-4) beat Cape
12. Cape (7-4). Beat Tech, Sallies, Lake, but lost to Delmar, Central and lost big to Caravel and Dover.
13. Sallies (5-4). Crushed Central and lost close games to Caravel, St Marks & Cape
14. St Georges (7-4). beat Conrad and Mtown, lost to Hodgson and A.I.
15. Mtown (6-5). Hard team to figure out; beat A.I & Hodgson, but lost to Penn and Appo as well as St Georges.
16. Polytech (6-2). beat Lake and Charter, lost close ones to Arch and CR.
17. Conrad (9-3). beat Concord & DMA but lost to St Georges, St Marks and Arch
18. Concord (5-4). beat Hodgson lost by 1 run to Arch & CR as well as Mtown & Conrad
19. Lake Forest (5-5). beat Delmar and had close losses to Cape, Smy, Poly, Central. worthy of top 20.
20. Charter (6-3). had a hard time keeping them in top 20, no wins over top 20 teams and blown out by A.I and Poly.

Teams on the outside
21. Newark (6-5). no wins over top 20 but relatively close games against Charter, Ai, Smy, Tech & Mtown.
22. DMA (7-4). no wins over 20
23. Mt Pleasant (7-2). Beat St Georges but crushed by Newark and A.I.
24. Wm Penn (6-5). beat Mtown
25. Tower Hill (8-3). 8 wins but none against top 25 teams, losses all to teams NOT in the top 25

Still digesting the ranking, but at first glance, I think Charter and Mount Pleasant should swap spots. The Force's only even remotely quality win came over 5-7 St.E.

Lazerton...I see your point about Charter and i agree with you. But i would have a tough time moving Mt Pleasant up over Newark, since Newark beat Mt P 13-2. So in my mind, Newark had to stay above Mt P and since Charter beat Newark, i had to have Charter ahead of Newark.

Yeah, I wrestled with that too, so I see what you're saying. I love these debates!!

Head to head results from a real game trump opinion in an arbitrary ranking. AI beat St. Marks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT