14. St Georges 10-5
15. Delmar 10-7
16. Mtown 8-7
17. Conrad 10-5
18. Concord 8-5
19. Lake 8-6
20. Tower 11-5

oldskool42,

Thanks for the rankings, points, and stats. Couples of thoughts. Archmere could probably beat any team when Deely is on the mound but not when he isn't, so they're a tough one to rank. Also, I wonder why Caravel bumped up the number of out-of-state games this year. If they finish the games on their schedule (17 games total), more than half will be with out-of-state schools.

Touchthemall...thanks...

As for Archmere...they have me curious. I have seen them play...they can pitch, they can hit, but they do get a little sloppy with the ball sometimes. What i find interesting on the pitching side is that Deely is their Ace...but why didn't he pitch their big games?? Their toughest opponents this year, St Marks & CR - Voge pitched. Maybe it just worked out that way...maybe Arch had a big conference game before or after that wanted Deely to go against??? I haven't seen Voge pitch, but at 4-2 he must be decent but it did seem he got knocked around a little by CR & St Marks (but most would). So to your point...Deely beat Mtown, no decision against Poly, beat DMA, St E, Hodgson and Conrad. I'm going to be very interested to see Deely pitch in the playoffs.

Caravel always takes a lot of out of state games. Half their opponents probably won't get them any playoff pts though. They will make the playoffs...but it could hurt their seeding a lot.

On the out of state note, i did like that Sallies played more in state this year. Not a Sallies fan, but its just nice to see our teams play each other. Caravel will end up only playing 5 teams in our top 20. Just disappointing to me...i would like to see them play more of our top competition.

It will be very interesting to see Deely pitch in the playoffs. Not taking anything away from Deely because I understand that he is a good pitcher and he does have 5 wins (according to the stats) but none of the teams he beat were ranked above 12. Looking forward to seeing how he does with the teams that are ranked higher.

Just as an FYI - I believe Deely pitched a pretty decent game against St Marks in the first round last year going against Phillips. I believe Arch lost like 4-1 but there were some errors behind Deely and i believe he pitched the whole game only allowing a handful of scattered hits.

From what I've seen, you can steal bases on Archmere too. I don't see them as a title contender.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT