ADVERTISEMENT

Sallies Saved.. PCL Game ON!

BackinBlack86

Top 100 Prospect
Oct 5, 2018
Between the MIAA and PCL Sallies should easily be able to fill their schedule....🙏

Catholic League high schools to resume fall sports

On Friday, the Office of Catholic Education and Faith in the Future Foundation announced that the Archdiocese of Philadelphia’s 17 high schools “may resume interscholastic athletic competition while continuing to strictly follow health and safety guidelines.”

A schedule for the resumption of sports was not announced. However, football teams are likely to start playing games the weekends of Oct 16 or 23. The schedule likely will be released next week.

...only if they can get MIAA & PCL member teams to schedule them on their open dates if they have any....The PCL and MIAA will all want to schedule their own members first...like we have seen with BHA.

Once again, I hope you are correct...

The way I understand it, if those teams come to play AT sallies, the players will have to wear masks during the game.

If Sallies travels to them, I wonder what rules Dept of Public Health will have upon their return (i.e. quarantine).

But I think it would be great if Sallies could fill out their schedule a bit more

...only if they can get MIAA & PCL member teams to schedule them on their open dates if they have any....The PCL and MIAA will all want to schedule their own members first...like we have seen with BHA.

Once again, I hope you are correct...

Bum don't know about PCL but MIAA A only has 5 teams.. 7 game schedule only 4 will be conference. Loyola will be taken care of but there are plenty openings for MIAA A teams and public in state wont be available to them.. Pretty sure you will see match-ups with Inter AC, PCL, MIAA A and hopefully Sals can get in there.. I assume Episcopal will try and honor Sals contract. ( I am assuming Inter AC will now play as well)

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
The way I understand it, if those teams come to play AT sallies, the players will have to wear masks during the game.

If Sallies travels to them, I wonder what rules Dept of Public Health will have upon their return (i.e. quarantine).

But I think it would be great if Sallies could fill out their schedule a bit more

I don't believe and I could be wrong that DE,MD and PA has any quarantine rules for travel between. I know Jersey did but DE has been lifted off the Jersey quarantine list for a few weeks now

Whats crazy is I watched a big game last night between Valdosta (GA) and Colquitt County (GA) on NFHS. PLace was packed more than 6 k nuts to butts and not a mask in sight..

Last edited:
PCL-Red 5 teams ( La Salle decided to ignore Archbishop recommendations and play anyway, SJP as well but SJP first game was scheduled 10/10.. They (SJP and LSC) have some games scheduled but believe some may change most likely the home and home double ups.

School NameW-LPct.PFPAStrk
La Salle College1-01.00035271 W
Archbishop Wood0-00.000000 0
Father Judge0-00.000000 0
Roman Catholic0-00.000000 0
St. Joseph's Prep0-00.000000 0

PCL- Blue 9 teams. Probably locked up with league schedule

I think Sals can find a couple games out of that.. I know SJP has been looking for OOS games but they might be a bit much for Sallies and Sals may not be ranked high enough for their national rankings goals for them to schedule Sals. Right now SJP has La Salle and Father Judged scheduled twice for home and home on back to back weeks.. I can only assume they will try and change that or its a glitch in Maxpreps because its showing the same home team both games. Probably just in and flexible to fill one or the other date with someone else.. who freekin knows anymore lol

Bib..The Prep and La Salle are private Catholic schools and don’t report directly to the Archdiocese o Phila. They are like Salesianum.

Bib..The Prep and La Salle are private Catholic schools and don’t report directly to the Archdiocese o Phila. They are like Salesianum.

just going off an article I read and referring to PCL..

No disagreement. It’s just that most schools in the PCL report in lockstep to the Bishop/Archbishop/Cardinal. The Prep, La Salle and Devon don’t. It’s an organizational thing. No matter what hoping the Big S can fill its schedule...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT