ADVERTISEMENT

Sallies spoils St. Marks Garden Party in 41st Meeting 21-0

dawrestling

Top 100 Prospect
May 20, 2007
Fallbrook, CA
www.302sports.com
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Editor-St. Marks High School-Millcreek, DE-Friday, October 18, 2013-For the first time in the 41st history of the St. Marks vs. Salesianum football rivalry, the game was played on St. Marks home field which opened around 2007 and with lights the Spartans administration decided to try this and after 2 original bleachers were on the visiting side and the home side with 1 the school added end zone bleachers on both end zones of the stadium along with temporary bleachers 2 on the visiting side and 1 on the home side while the fans enjoyed the game on the sloped hill facing the football field but the outcome wasn't so good after a 0-0 scoreless game after the first quarter, the Sals scored first in the second quarter on Troy Reeder's 19 carries 89 yards 16 yard run with the PAT good and led 7-0 at the half.

In the beginning of the third quarter, the Sals scored their touchdown of the game as Daulton Gregory ran a 93 yard kickoff return with the PAT good to go up 14-0. In the 4th quarter qb Matt Sgro scored on a 3 yard run with Sean Smith connected on his 3rd PAT to make the final score Salesianum 21 St. Marks 0.

Troy Reeder Salesianum running back: "It's great to be a part of this tradition nothing didn't change we were ready and played our style of football on my 16 yard touchdown run the offensive line opened the hole for us the adjustments worked bodies on bodies and did the job for us."

Dalton Gregory scored Salesianum's 2nd td on the 93 yard kickoff return: "Coach Spadacchini said that I needed to score on a kickoff return for a touchdown and I spotted where the kickoffs are going to be for the past games as they have always been in the end zone when I scored Coach Tony jumped and gave me a hug as I saw a hole and took off I saw the open seem looked right the kicker kicked the ball that was going right and I went left for the score this is a nice facility at St. Marks but I liked Baynard Stadium better as this is a big game and our offense stepped up."

Billy DiNardo Head Football Coach at Salesianum: "Our kids experience being in a hostile territory this was not out of the ordinary and for the first time that St. Marks has hosted this tradition is a good venue their field but everything was good." "On Daulton Gregory's 93 yard kickoff return he did well in the second half which gave us something good there, he got the seem and gave us big plays which were very fortunate and did well for the win and he did it along with a big win for our defensive line as they did the job for us in 7 game I am prouder of the kids and what they did special teams did well on our coverages along with Pittsburgh bound Brian O Neill as he recorded 2 or 3 picks today for us on defense 6'7" 230 pounds."

At halftime of contest, the 1973 St. Marks State Football Champion Squad was honored .

Salesianum 21 St. Marks 0

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News