ADVERTISEMENT

Sals win over st marks

Joe Coyle with the win after picking up a W yesterday vs. Charter as well. 6 shutout innings over the two games (3 in each).

This year has been pretty much a even playing field all the way around, seems to be multiple teams with a good shot for a championship run, there could be some surprises come playoff time.

Kennypowerss...i agree with you. For example i think St Marks is still the most complete team. But they are winning close games. Two relateively close games with St E, Hodg 4-1, CR 5-4, Caravel 6-3, Dov 3-1, Smy 3-0 Appo 4-2. They are beatable on any given day. Dover also is pretty complete with the hitting and pitching depth. Of course Caravel is right there as well as teams like Tech, Central, CR. It also seems Sallies is ready to make a run. I didn't think they had enough depth, but things are coming together it seems. Then you have teams just outstide of that strength like an Archmere with good pitching and powerful hitting. Hodgson with a really good strikeout pitcher in Walter to keep a game close.

Its going to be interesting.

@oldskool hit the nail on the head with that one. Couldnt agree more, I see some first round upsets coming depending on who takes the hill for some of these teams. It is definitely going to be interesting. I see St. marks being the most well rounded team, however they are very beatable, any given day. Cant wait for the seeding to be announced and the playoffs to start.

Hope it is nothing but Sallies Hinton pulled himself from the mound with a sore arm in the 5th. He came back into the game at second base in the 6th.

Originally posted by oldtimer22:

Hinton pulled himself from the mound with a sore arm in the 5th. He came back into the game at second base in the 6th.
Of course none of us knows what the details really were, but as a coach, I would have serious reservations sending a kid back into a game, at any position, after he has told me that his arm is hurting. What would happen if in the remainder of that game he had to make one or more a cutoff throws from short right field with that sore arm? Hope the kid is ok, even if he does go to Sallies.

Hope it is nothing but Sallies Hinton pulled himself from the mound with a sore arm in the 5th. He came back into the game at second base in the 6th.
The pitch was weird. He hit the batter in the process. Even Uncle Angelo and Johnny Velvet could not figure out what happened.

Originally posted by 8yaz:

Hinton pulled himself from the mound with a sore arm in the 5th. He came back into the game at second base in the 6th.
Of course none of us knows what the details really were, but as a coach, I would have serious reservations sending a kid back into a game, at any position, after he has told me that his arm is hurting. What would happen if in the remainder of that game he had to make one or more a cutoff throws from short right field with that sore arm? Hope the kid is ok, even if he does go to Sallies.
He walked off the field holding his arm. Not sure of any details but I agree with 8yaz. He should have spent the rest of the night on the bench. Same kid pitched the Caravel game and came back in the 6th after a 30 minute delay during the first game of the season on a cold night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT