ADVERTISEMENT

Sat Scores

Edge getting sacked every other play now

naw I fully expected a running clock by halftime. There is scheduling tough to test you team then there is just ego driven stupidity
Did someone at Smyrna think they had a chance when scheduling this game?

My feed keeps freezing up but it’s a severe mismatch.

Y Knight with the long bubble screen then W Knight punches it in 2pt NG 28-6 - 6:34 til half

Smyrna D gives up a 3rd and 30. BC kick a FG as time expires in half 38-6 Halftime

BS scored on 6 of 6 drives. Edge sacked at least 8 times maybe more

I heard that they did schedule BC so some of their kids could play D1 athletes and so college scouts that would go to BC would get a peek at their kids and maybe pull a couple of scholarships out of it.

I heard that they did schedule BC so some of their kids could play D1 athletes and so college scouts that would go to BC would get a peek at their kids and maybe pull a couple of scholarships out of it.
Only works out like that if your players have a chance to show something though. Mismatch beat downs helps no one JMHO. Ask Middletown if their kids got any when they went and played IMG lol That whole idea rarely works out for your players. If anything it shows they don't belong in D1

Only works out like that if your players have a chance to show something though. Mismatch beat downs helps no one JMHO. Ask Middletown if their kids got any when they went and played IMG lol That whole idea rarely works out for your players. If anything it shows they don't belong in D1
I wonder if it is a thing to help bolster your program and say we are playing a top 10 team in the country you should come here and get exposure. I believe Smyrna signed a two year deal and BC is suppose to cone to Smyrna next year.

The thing to remember is that NJ schools blatantly recruit. A few years ago Sallies and Troy Reeder played Paramus. Catholic pretty close in a loss. A few years after that St. Marks played a supercharged Paramus with the nation’s number one H.S recruit and lost by about the same amount as Smyrna did together. If you went to Texas you would see the same thing. Nothing to hang you head down about. It just is what it is.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
I wonder if it is a thing to help bolster your program and say we are playing a top 10 team in the country you should come here and get exposure. I believe Smyrna signed a two year deal and BC is suppose to cone to Smyrna next year.
Hard to say. Let's say for the sake of argument Smyrna getting the BC game was a deciding factor in urging Cam Edge to come and play. The fact is his team wasn't able to protect him enough to show what he can do. So in that sense it would be detrimental to his brand or ratings so to speak from someone outside watching the game. There might be some who would spout that overrated word in reference to his 4star rating. It's a tough call. I admire in a way him leaving a loaded team that would certainly protect that rating to coming home and be willing to prove it with a lessor team and vs a top 10 team. I don't think and it is just my opinion that it is ever a good thing for a coach to put his team in a situation where they are completely overmatched unless a must play schedule dictates it. Again just my opinion many will differ and go with the anyone anywhere anytime mantra. It's a good discussion though

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskerman7
I know someone that spoke with Edge and he stated that he came home because he had received the offer he wanted and came home because he wanted to help bring a state title back to Smyrna. I'm sure the idea of seeing if he could lead a lesser team against BC could have given some extra motivation.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT