ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday scores week 8

Delcastle giving St Marks all they can handle.. interesting

65 punt return for St Marks 29-22 Spartans

Concord 28 Conrad 14 Final

That officially eliminates Conrad from playoff contention

Glasgow in range to pull the upset.. too bad they can't kick FG's ,,gonna have to get TD

down 8-6 on Tat's 30 3:30 to play

13l5gvuf23311.gif

I believe that officially sets all of the teams for D1 playoffs, now just seeding has to happen.

I believe that officially sets all of the teams for D1 playoffs, now just seeding has to happen.
yep these are the 8 in sort of order (quick guess)

St Elizabeth
Laurel
Seaford
St Andrews
Indian River
Tatnall
Charter
Odessa

St Andrews thru Charter could mix around depending on games to be played

Laurel and St E are the clear favorites to meet in the final but the semi's could be interesting ..maybe... but probably not lol

Last edited:
St. Andrew's 31 MSD 28

I don't know anything about MSD but this looker like a very good game

St. Andrew's 31 MSD 28

I don't know anything about MSD but this looker like a very good game
They have decent teams. They are a boarding school in Frederick, MD (very old school) so they get kids from all over the state but the football team can be hit or miss. Very similar to decent home school teams.

Per the pics you can see they don't get very many big guys (linemen) but this pic shows one disadvantage they have as the ball is already to the QB and the lineman (#52 not your typical size for a guard) pictured has not even fired off yet or has his hand off the ground yet. On the other hand they probably don't jump offsides on D much. They make do though and play very disciplined football. They don't have too much problems with the other deaf schools and home school teams they play just a bit undersized for regular high school play. St Andrews was a good match up for them though.

The game being moved to Severn ( MSD home field is old and grass would be unplayable after the storms) was an advantage for STA. It's long ride to Frederick and I am sure MSD is more comfortable at their home field and surroundings.. I only took MSD because it was in Frederick and the long ride if it were a home game at STA I would have taken STA in the pool. Playing at neutral field half way is a coin flip.. lol

FC-EvzKXIAgX-By

Last edited:
Anyone know if Charter will get 6 points from an AI forfeit next week, or do you have to play the game to get the extra 2 points? Doesn’t appear to be clear in manual.

Anyone know if Charter will get 6 points from an AI forfeit next week, or do you have to play the game to get the extra 2 points? Doesn’t appear to be clear in manual.
FFT's count as game played. I know you didn't get any bonus points in the past but I think you get the points for scheduling up. Trying to remember how it was in past but pretty sure if you played up or down you got the points from the level you scheduled on the FFT. Like if a D1 team scheduled a D2 team and the D2 team FFT you would only get the 4 for the win not the 6

But you are right they really don't address fft's in the current manual other than they count as game played.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskerman7
The way I read it is if fft's count as game played then you should get all the points the team that forfeited would have given you..

Reactions: Huskerman7
Interesting situation developing in 2A District 2. If Mount is somehow able to beat Friends (improbable yes), tney would finish 3-2 in district with a cancellation vs Tower Hill. Howard, at 3-3 would seemingly miss the playoffs even though they beat Mount. Will be interesting to see how commitee handles.

Reactions: Uncle Bumfuzzled
I know it won't happen but it seems like that game between TH and MP should really be made up because it does have playoff implications for 3 teams in one division.

Reactions: trapblock22
Small recap from Brad Myer’s Twitter:

“Tower Hill 32-Howard 16 final. Tower Hill clinches playoff spot. Huge performance from Brendan Hickey. Second half rained actual rain and penalty flags…at least 6 unsportsmanlike calls against Howard and 3 on the Hillers. Point total could mean rematch in 3 weeks…”

This victory elevates Hillers’ chances for the coveted City Title. Some had speculated that it was Howard‘s or Salesianum’s to lose. Now..…here comes St. Lizzies and Tower Hill (with all due respect to Charter).

Last edited:
Reactions: nomorenonstop
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT