ADVERTISEMENT

Semi's

Salako with a FT with 1 sec for the win43-42 and a big 3 from Majestic Carter to put Smyrna in the lead 42-40- Molen with 2 fts to tie it at 42 in the last 30 secs

Tower Hill did such a great job double and triple teaming Na Na, but the big guy powered through. Great win!
It was quite clear from the video that Sanford should have been called for a backcourt violation before the final basket. But if Tower makes a few free throws, it wouldn't have mattered.

Obviously, this has been a strange year. Also, apparently the final 4 teams were very close in ability. Tower Hill did beat the Sals twice. That says something. Still we had 2 one point nail biters last night.

Smyrna is the mystery to me. As they didn't play out of conference we just didn't see a lot of them. Then again, you ask yourself, how can I underestimate an 19-0 team?

Is this deja vu? Dover 2 years ago ran the table only to get beat by Sanford in the title game. (I was rooting for Dover) Is it the same destiny for Smyrna? We will know Saturday....

Reactions: Patcomic
It was quite clear from the video that Sanford should have been called for a backcourt violation before the final basket. But if Tower makes a few free throws, it wouldn't have mattered.
To be fair, the referee closest did make the call. But the 2nd official rushed in so quickly to say he saw a tip that it swayed the 1st ref. Video isn’t conclusive, but the 2nd official was so adamant that they overturned the call.

From watching the video it appears they called that Sanford never had possession on the inbounds pass, it does not look like TH ever tipped the ball.

In the Sallies- Smyrna game- Salako got his own rebound and he does try to go up with it, so I think it was the right call.

Yaz, what your saying may have merit but a cursory review of this thread shows no Big S fan complaining about officiating.

We all know that the loss falls squarely on the shoulders of Brendan and Declan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT