ADVERTISEMENT

Smyrna Picked Up 2 Cavs in the Draft

Two solid young players. Good kids. Smyrna will like what they bring to the table. Ones a RB, and the other is a LB

Couldn’t tell ya! With no offseason really I haven’t met up with the parents/alumni/boosters to hear stories about what’s going on.

Speculation was they wanted more opportunity? But I don’t believe that cause the RB would have had a fair share of snaps with the Cavs....and now he’s going into a system who has both Knight brothers.
The one who played LB might get a better opportunity at Smyrna since the Cavs had freshman/Sophomores starting at those spots last season and were solid contributors. So I honestly don’t know the reason.

Reactions: The Uncle Rico
Couldn’t tell ya! With no offseason really I haven’t met up with the parents/alumni/boosters to hear stories about what’s going on.

Speculation was they wanted more opportunity? But I don’t believe that cause the RB would have had a fair share of snaps with the Cavs....and now he’s going into a system who has both Knight brothers.
The one who played LB might get a better opportunity at Smyrna since the Cavs had freshman/Sophomores starting at those spots last season and were solid contributors. So I honestly don’t know the reason.
Does anyone know if they moved into the district? Both look like solid players and IMO this is a lateral move which leads me to believe there’s more to the story.

Does anyone know if they moved into the district? Both look like solid players and IMO this is a lateral move which leads me to believe there’s more to the story.
The title of this thread and the reference to free agency is quite funny. Every family makes choices based on the needs of that family. I'm always puzzled when people dig into why. I'm not coming at you, Unc. I mean in general. Is it attempt to police DIAA, to make sure things are on the up and up? Is it just a basic curiosity as to why a different school was chosen? Do people really expect to hear things like a Mom or Dad are splitting up, kid and the coach had a falling out, or Dad lost his job and things are $%^& for the family at this time on an Internet message board? Those close enough to have a vested interest in the kids are probably close enough to have that information. I hope it's not just about Smyrna Prep! :) (btw, I don't know who the kids are or their situation)...

If it is who I think they are there is a 3rd brother coming as well thats good too.

Great kids and good family but they want theirs kids to PLAY and from my understanding one of them - the LB - wasn’t getting the PT they felt he should. Incrementally dont think they were fans of the coaching staff. I DO NOT have specifics and to be frank its not any of our business but this is what I heard.

I have no idea if it is warranted or not but in general I can say that sometimes things like this are best for both parties - the family and the school they are leaving - and thats probably the case here. And clearly for Smyrna they would be getting 3 good football players.

The title of this thread and the reference to free agency is quite funny. Every family makes choices based on the needs of that family. I'm always puzzled when people dig into why. I'm not coming at you, Unc. I mean in general. Is it attempt to police DIAA, to make sure things are on the up and up? Is it just a basic curiosity as to why a different school was chosen? Do people really expect to hear things like a Mom or Dad are splitting up, kid and the coach had a falling out, or Dad lost his job and things are $%^& for the family at this time on an Internet message board? Those close enough to have a vested interest in the kids are probably close enough to have that information. I hope it's not just about Smyrna Prep! :) (btw, I don't know who the kids are or their situation)...
My angles are curiosity, policing, stirring the pot - pretty much all of those things. I hope all is well with the family's situation and wouldn't want that kind of info out in the public if it wasn't, but I highly doubt that's the case as you can see from Noles post. I just like to see that all schools are following the policies and procedures that are in place to keep the playing ground even. And it's just interesting to me that certain programs always seem to have players (usually of high caliber) just happen to fall into their lap. I mean there's literally 2 other high schools in the district (I know Odessa isn't an option but just saying). No harm meant to anyone, especially the young men in this situation, just trying to spark a conversation.

Last edited:
If it is who I think they are there is a 3rd brother coming as well thats good too.

Great kids and good family but they want theirs kids to PLAY and from my understanding one of them - the LB - wasn’t getting the PT they felt he should. Incrementally dont think they were fans of the coaching staff. I DO NOT have specifics and to be frank its not any of our business but this is what I heard.

I have no idea if it is warranted or not but in general I can say that sometimes things like this are best for both parties - the family and the school they are leaving - and thats probably the case here. And clearly for Smyrna they would be getting 3 good football players.
I agree with you and hopefully it works out best for them and MTown.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT